UT3 Character - Hyora

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UT3 Character - Hyora

Hey guys. Heres a concept I started for my next character for UT3. Brand new faction and a female. I will have the back view done soon. Hope you guys like it.

nice concept hope it turns as good as your rankin character, good luck

Comment

****! a shame i cant use 2 chars at the same time :P

Comment

Very cute...
        Any wedding outfit in mind? kidding

Comment

AMAZING. Can't wait!

Comment

she look hot

Comment

more ladies in the game

Lee you make me hurt, i just wished i could model that well

Comment

Lee, you can do no wrong. Looking forward to seeing more sketches and further updates.

Comment

Oh snap, he's at it again

Comment

Thanks guys! Im glad you guys like it.

Heres the back view of the concept:

Comment

I see "Hydra faction" as a note on the first image, and the title seems to read "Hyora." Is the "o" a "d"? Is the name of the faction "Hydra," and the name of the character "Hyora?" If so, did the name Hyora arise because of something to do with a "d" "o" mix-up?

But more importantly, these sketches, how do you make them? My guess would be freehand with a graphics tablet, starting with inking the sketch, followed by painting the metal parts grey in an underlying layer and cleaning up the sketch, then adding the skin shading on a lowermost layer? Or is some of this actually pencil-sketched, then heavily touched up?

You really capture that "concept art" look and feel perfectly.

Comment

Rhykker- Thanks. The name Hyora came first, as I based the appearance of her face to the Korean pop singer, Hyo Ri. Hydra faction then came into my mind from Hyora since they sounded similar. Hydra faction are special forces that are well trained in battles on water. Thats why I designed the underneath suit almost like a wetsuit.

Your guess was pretty much spot-on. I pretty much draw a line drawing and have that as a layer on top of the background, and another layer that I paint the dark shiloette underneath the line drawing. Then I go in and softly erase the highlights such as the skin and glow lights. I will be making a video tutorial of making for this character. When its all done I will make it available.

Heres a few changes that I did:

Comment

yay for more booty!. Seriously, i always liked booty in armor like that. It just makes the armor more interesting and gives it a little edge.

Comment

Originally posted by Hyrage View Post
                            Very cute...
                            Any wedding outfit in mind? kidding
                            Now wait a second, i agree! Toss off the silly and over done UT armor, put her in a nice sexy dress!

Comment

she looks really amazing well done lee and keep up the excellent work

Comment

Working...
                              X