No announcement yet.

UT3 Character - Hyora

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The pistons always looked like pop cans on Xan...

Can't say I'm a fan of the "more skin, less armor" philosophy. Not every sci-fi chick has to be a stripper in armor.

Comment

HugoMarques may have hit upon a solid idea with making various parts as options.

Such variances could cover the Arms:Pistons, Boots:UT3-Impossible-To-Wear, Boots:Heels, Boots:Flat and Torso:Coverage subjects in one fell swoop.

I'd also hope to see options for overall "bulkiness" options to vary between Epic-throwback-to-plate-mail that no one liked wearing on the battlefield to something more in line with armor advancements which continue to make armor less bulky, more streamlined, lighter, and easier to move in. Being that the timeline for UT3 is set in the future believing that armor advances would regress a thousand years to bulk instead of continuing forward always have been odd to say the least considering composite materials, layering, and advances we don't even have at this time.

Comment

Yeah, I'd say to make all these things optional, making it a truely hardcore model.

Btw MapMonkey, I think you mean Torso: Pistons, and not Arms: Pistons, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by L1A View Post
          Btw MapMonkey, I think you mean Torso: Pistons, and not Arms: Pistons, lol.
          Nope. I'd hope to see better options for the Torso than one set of armor and Pistons/non-Pistons.

Comment

I think MapMonkey is right. A less skinny torso as a custom part would be great. I do love the current torso, but some people do not. And the arms are great, so the pistons could be on the arms' section. But that's only Lee's decision.

Comment

you can have current torso with and without pistons and another torso all in the torso selection, then why put it into the arms section?

Comment

Originally posted by Bi()ha2arD View Post
                you can have current torso with and without pistons and another torso all in the torso selection, then why put it into the arms section?
                Exactly. You can have the skinny torso with/without the pistons and a different torso with/without pistons. Don't make the pistons connected with the arms.

Comment

that would prorably mess with the ragdoll physics and all that anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by MapMonkey View Post
                    HugoMarques may have hit upon a solid idea with making various parts as options.

Such variances could cover the Arms:Pistons, Boots:UT3-Impossible-To-Wear, Boots:Heels, Boots:Flat and Torso:Coverage subjects in one fell swoop.

I'd also hope to see options for overall "bulkiness" options to vary between Epic-throwback-to-plate-mail that no one liked wearing on the battlefield to something more in line with armor advancements which continue to make armor less bulky, more streamlined, lighter, and easier to move in. Being that the timeline for UT3 is set in the future believing that armor advances would regress a thousand years to bulk instead of continuing forward always have been odd to say the least considering composite materials, layering, and advances we don't even have at this time.
                    I think it's fairly obvious that most UT armor isn't actually about function.
                    Realistic/functional armor is pretty boring looking, especially from a sci-fi shooter standpoint.

Comment

Because if the other torso had the bagpack then you would have to make 4 torsos: One showing more skin with and without pistons and another one more "covered" with and without pistons. But what if Lee decides to do another torso? Or another set of pistons? Functionality, my friend, that's why.

PS: I hope that in the future we can decide what custom content to put. Like you do a model and another set of boots and somewhere you write that those "things" are boots, so that in the char menu you can read those custom parts are boots. That would solve this type of problems. Maybe in UT4.

Comment

i dont think its a problem to have 4 torsos. the meshes dont really make a difference (only for the download size) and the piston and non-piston versions can share textures.

and besides, what if Lee makes multiple arms? then its arms or pistons.

Comment

and besides, what if Lee makes multiple arms?
                          That's what I forgot to mention: The arms are so good and will fit so well on both "covered" and "skin-showing" torsos, that there's no need for another set of arms... Is there?

Comment

you never know...

Comment

i'm not a real fan of female chars, but i'd say that looks great!

Comment

Let me use my first post to say that I loved your work with Rankin and can't wait to see the actual model of Hyora...concept looks awesome...

Comment

Working...
                                X