UT3 Character - Hyora

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mandinga View Post
    Looking great as always Lee. I would add the bulky armour back in some, this is a battle field your throwing this chick into. Perhaps an armour that better suits the female curves would hep here.(similar to Dynah)
    I would suggest the way she is as the default, and some extra pads, torso, bla bla... to "cover" her a little more.

Comment

The way she is is perfect. I hope seeing her translate into 3d will make things show more.

Comment

**** you people and your bulky armor suggestions. Your ideas suck. "Make her look like every other Epic model because they're so great." Morons.

Comment

Originally posted by Mrn View Post
          **** you people and your bulky armor suggestions. Your ideas suck. "Make her look like every other Epic model because they're so great." Morons.
          lol easy tiger... Let's keep this civil.

Comment

Wow, I come back to this thread and its getting heated.. Thanks alot guys for so much feedback tho.. I can see where your coming from Mrn about the cliche bulky UT3 armor, and yeah at the same time, its not a good thing to have her wear nothing but bikini. Im gonna go with something in between. Here are the updated concepts:

Comment

Fingerless gloves and smaller boots. nice little touch.

Comment

The concept art is top notch, but how about a non armored bikini edition?

Comment

These are just my suggestions:

PS. You do some fantastic concept work.

Comment

Just to point out. If we re increased the back portion it would be just like going back to the original concept in terms of her butt.

Comment

Very good looking model, Legendary_Lee. I think the amount of armor on her is just right. My suggestion is don't change it. But, of course, it is your call.

Comment

Re Mrn's suggestion, I'd definitely NOT remove the pistons. Instead, I'd recommend adding some light fx to them (like the Rodents have). This not only looks cool, but also makes the model stand out more ingame. Also heeled boots are definitely better than flat ones, more elegant & feminine.

On a general note, I've noticed that often people try to mimick the stock models' design (bulky, detailed but blandish armor, 'serious' grungy look etc.), but imo the best models are those that have their own unique style & character, and don't try to fit in at all. In a fast paced game like UT, a slightly cartoonish look works best; bold shapes & colors to make the model more easily recognizable in the heat of battle.

Comment

yeah i think you should keep the pistons... They look awesome imo. Take xan for example... he gotz these pistons on his shoulders; looks awesome

Comment

... Or make the pistons as a custom part. I think the addition of custom parts on characters serves this purpose: so that the community-made chars can be welcomed by everyone.

Comment

Yeah, most of my suggestions can be parts for customization if Lee is up to the challenge. (Which I'd assume so, considering Rankin's pwntleh add-ons.)

(btw this is Mr n, lol.)

Comment

if you can make her face that awesome ingame I'll be happy. that's one thing epic hasn't quite got down yet. all the characters don't have that human touch to them. Something with personality would be awesome. And to chime in on the piston debate I think having them as an optional part would be a good idea.

Comment

Working...
                                X