Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unreal 3 Vertex Blending Material Setup??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unreal 3 Vertex Blending Material Setup??

Hey everyone,
    Having a little difficulty setting up the nodes in UE3 for correct vertex blending. What I have layed out here is my vertex blend setup on a static mesh. I've imported all the textures and am having problems correctly configuring.

I know that I need a Lerp for Diffuse 1 and 2 into A and B but what plugs into the Alpha? Vertex Color? If I do that, I get an error message saying "Coercing Failed".

Basically I have set up as laid out for a single material.

A 2 slot multi-sub with Blend on both. There are three textures total, a Wetrock, Temple and Sand Texture. The Temple texture are used by both, for the blend.

Took a look at Hourences tut's, the setup is based off of UE2, and I can't find anything on Combiners, same with UDN.

If anyone here can give me a hand i'd really appreciate it. Thanks.

An update on the set up, I don't know if i'm going the right direction here. Most of the tut's are for UT2, i'm just not understanding where I need to go with the alpha section.

Comment

Originally posted by Kaburan31 View Post

An update on the set up, I don't know if i'm going the right direction here. Most of the tut's are for UT2, i'm just not understanding where I need to go with the alpha section.
      now you just plug the vertex color to the Lerp's alpha channel, apply material to the sm, if it's reversed then just switch the a and b channels of the Lerp, and do the same with the specular and normal maps.

Comment

That doesn't work, I plug the Vert Color into the alpha slot and I get an error message

"Coercion failed: Parameters.VertexColor.rgb: float3 -> float 1 "

Comment

"Coercion failed: Parameters.VertexColor.rgb: float3 -> float 1 "
          You have to connect 1-color node - each node for different vertex color - from the Vertex Color expression into Lerp's alpha node. float 3 == RGB and float 1 == R or G or B.

Material editor:

Result:

Source in XSI:

Comment

Excellent, that's exactly what i needed. Thanks a ton!

My only question is, would I have to repeat exactly this for the normal and spec maps?

Comment

Excellent, that's exactly what i needed. Thanks a ton!

My only question is, would I have to repeat exactly this for the normal and spec maps?
              Yes you do.

Comment

Working...
              X