Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

Quake Remake Maplist.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blackSunday View Post
    Start a new thread maybe, split the list into 2 or 3 and add one for proposed remake quotes already made in this thread and link back to this purely for ref.
    Wouldn't mind seeing a thumb or 2 for the completed remakes and the status (final, beta, unreleased, platform it's available on, etc) as well.
    Sorry blacksun, I only just noticed this post. Yeah, I really dont want to split the list, but I think I'm going to have to. Maybe one for Q3 and then one for all the others..
    I'm not going to to go down the route of marking status etc.. (except for 'unreleased which is marked as 'IN DEVELOPMENT') It'd be almost impossible to keep on top of the highly erratic release schedules and beta numbering. Whatsmore the titles are often meaningless, many maps released as 'Full' are often actualy beta releases (and end up being beta/final re-released), and many 'beta' releases have turned out to be workable final releases or simply abandoned. Then there are the SE and LE editions etc.. I won't even start on the murky PS3 cook situ, where 3rd partys are often handling the work..
    I've linked to the newest version of every map's 'thread' when I made the list, and will try to keep up to date. I'll leave it up to readers to keep an eye on the maps status from the authors thread unless a new thread is created for the latest version, in whcih case let me know if I'm behind. If anyone wants to give status updates on thier remakes in the thread, please feel free, we'd love to see how things are coming along.
    Originally posted by Wormbo View Post
    Any progress on any of the requested maps?
    Wormbo, didn't you notice that the main map that you requested (Q3CTF2 -Troubled Waters) has been taken up by CPTStewart? (see the listing)
    If CPTStewart's recent UT99 remake, DM-Oblivion]|[, is anything to go by, I'd start getting excited:
    http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=620867

In other news just found this very handy Quake 3 map viewer that has some really handy features for the 'remaker': http://www.calodox.scene.org/morbac/cake/

Crayfish.
    *ps, I'll be announcing my own remake in the coming weeks (currently learning the editor), watch this space

Comment

Hey, just wanted to stop in here and say that I have started blocking out Troubled Waters with BSP but most of my attention is focused on my DM-Oblivion remake right now.

I'm very close to having a Release Candidate out for that (hopefully within the coming week) and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that there will be only a few fixes needed so I can get started on Troubled Waters.

Comment

Hope you don't feel any pressure to push ahead because of the announcement Stewart, sure I speak for everyone when I say we'd rather have releases done properly than quickly. All in your own time, sure you know when something is as good as you can make it. Thanks for taking up the challenge

Comment

I've just started working on a CPM22 (hub3aeroq3) remake. I'll start a thread about it this weekend i think
          *PM me about any questions or something*
          Cya,
          Coldfire

Comment

Originally posted by ColdfireRik View Post
            I've just started working on a CPM22 (hub3aeroq3) remake. I'll start a thread about it this weekend i think
            *PM me about any questions or something*
            Cya,
            Coldfire
            WOOT thats fantastic news. Kinda gutted in a way, since thats the map I was planning next, but a VITAL conversion. Thanks for taking up the challenge and pls keep us posted. Btw what are the differences between hub3aeroq3 and airwalk (the map its based on)? Both are great maps to watch games on btw.

I'll take a look at the list to decide on my next project, prolly another of the CPMA maps ftw.

Ok, with the above in mind, I better announce my current conversion project now. I'd wanted to wait till I had got a bit further into development, but anyway.
            Im remaking 'ZTN3Tourney1' Blood Run Tourney. Along with hub3aeroq3 announced above, its among the most popular custom Q3 CPMA maps. Progress reports to follow later.

*EDIT

Wow dude, just looked up your posts, I didn't realise U'd remade CPM3A for UT3!! Why didnt you let me know! Now adding to list and downloading.

Comment

You guys throw me a suggestion for what Q3A maps you need redone, I was gonna remake Space 4 YET AGAIN but I stopped because I didn't want 3 versions of the same map.

And apparently I've been beat to the CTF version of Tourney6

Comment

If you guys have a bit of patience, I can pretty much do a DM pack within the time frame of say 3months, then move on to CTF, Tournament, etc.

Comment

Maybe instead of making a pack yourself we should get a couple of us together and release 3-4 maps as a pack.

It would be very nice for testing among ourselves and a few different gametypes in one pack will make for some good variety...

If anyone is interested, contact me and we can try and get some details down.

Comment

Originally posted by CPTStewart View Post
                    Maybe instead of making a pack yourself we should get a couple of us together and release 3-4 maps as a pack.

It would be very nice for testing among ourselves and a few different gametypes in one pack will make for some good variety...

If anyone is interested, contact me and we can try and get some details down.
                    Count me in.

Comment

Originally posted by Crayfish View Post
                      WOOT thats fantastic news. Kinda gutted in a way, since thats the map I was planning next, but a VITAL conversion. Thanks for taking up the challenge and pls keep us posted. Btw what are the differences between hub3aeroq3 and airwalk (the map its based on)? Both are great maps to watch games on btw.

I'll take a look at the list to decide on my next project, prolly another of the CPMA maps ftw.

Ok, with the above in mind, I better announce my current conversion project now. I'd wanted to wait till I had got a bit further into development, but anyway.
                      Im remaking 'ZTN3Tourney1' Blood Run Tourney. Along with hub3aeroq3 announced above, its among the most popular custom Q3 CPMA maps. Progress reports to follow later.

*EDIT

Wow dude, just looked up your posts, I didn't realise U'd remade CPM3A for UT3!! Why didnt you let me know! Now adding to list and downloading.
                      Haha good you're making a remake of ZTN3Tourney1 great map aswell I can already see myself dodging to that shieldbelt (RA) Err the diffrence between airowalk and hub3aeroq3 are the textures and strafing to the RA has become harder but that doesn't really effect the UT3 gameplay There might be more diffrences but i'm actually quiete new to CPMA/Q3A.
                      Cya m8

Comment

Originally posted by Kirby4life0 View Post
                        You guys throw me a suggestion for what Q3A maps you need redone, I was gonna remake Space 4 YET AGAIN but I stopped because I didn't want 3 versions of the same map.
                        And apparently I've been beat to the CTF version of Tourney6..

...If you guys have a bit of patience, I can pretty much do a DM pack within the time frame of say 3months, then move on to CTF, Tournament, etc.
                        Thanks alot for taking up the challenge Kirby. Take a look at the list, there are several maps already voted for and marked with a blue X. As you say, part of the motivation behind the list was to avoid multiple remakes all fighting for what little community exposure there is.
                        Regarding the pack, personaly I'd much rather people devoted resources into focusing on quality over numbers. Guess this is not an issue now with the possibility of a community pack.. Massive luck with Ur work.

Originally posted by CPTStewart View Post
                        This is really exciting guys, let us know whats happening if this does go ahead. I can't commit with my first map, since I'm learning as I go along and dont know the development timeframe atm. Maybe soon. Plus kinda wanted to have a stand alone for my first release, its my special day but I duno... Perhaps could make my second specificaly for a pack, remake another CPMA map. Lets see how this goes... discuss

Originally posted by ColdfireRik View Post
                        Haha good you're making a remake of ZTN3Tourney1 great map aswell I can already see myself dodging to that shieldbelt (RA) Err the diffrence between airowalk and hub3aeroq3 are the textures and strafing to the RA has become harder but that doesn't really effect the UT3 gameplay There might be more diffrences but i'm actually quiete new to CPMA/Q3A.
                        Cya m8
                        Yep set up the shield speciaficaly for wall dodge Huge luck with this release. Are you up for taking part in the pack too?

Exciting developmants Crayfish.

Comment

Very quiet here after all the excitement guys..
                          Im coming along very nicely with my ztn3tourney1 remake. I've set the level in a Chinatown slum, very influenced by the 'Walled City' in Hong Kong, Blade Runner etc..
                          Here is a WIP pic looking from the MegaHealth area towards the main room:
                          [screenshot]http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/8290/crayfish00031ft8.jpg[/screenshot]
                          And here is the left Jump-Pad shaft:
                          [screenshot]http://img360.imageshack.us/img360/4418/crayfish00030rr9.jpg[/screenshot]

Im deffo up for making my next map for the pack. What are you guys all up to?

Crayfish.

Comment

Funny you should ask, my current set of classes (get new ones every month) just ended and I have off until Tuesday so I'm gonna be working on my map

I'm really liking the look of yours Crayfish can't wait to see how it progresses! And good luck on your first map. From the looks of it, once you start to really get the hang of it you'll be making some awesome maps.

Comment

Wow, it's been a while since anyone posted in here...

Anyway I've got some good news and some bad news.

The bad news?
                              I think I'm going to give up on my remake of troubled waters...

The good news?
                              The BSP is all blocked out, the weapons are all in place, and the pathing/spawn points all work fine. The only thing I didn't really do was the underwater passage. Right now it's really crappy. Anyway, I'm gonna upload the uncooked map if anyone wants to continue work on it.

The better news?
                              I'm starting on a completely different version of Troubled Waters! I've got a new idea in my head, and the way I blocked out the previous version (Giant additive brush that I subtracted from) isn't going to work with my new idea so I'm starting from scratch. Only problem is, I'm super busy with school these days so I'm not sure how much work will actually get done on it , which is why I'm releasing the other one.

So, if anyone's interested, here's a link to the old version of TroubledWaters:
                              Download

Comment

i started Q1DM6

Comment

Working...
                                X