Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

Quake Remake Maplist.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alright I think I'm gonna tackle Q3CTF2 - Troubled Waters. It may be a few weeks before an update on the progress since I'm still working on my remake of the original UT's DM-Oblivion, but I'll definitely be back with some progress sometime soon.

Comment

Wow thats great news. CTF doesn't get a fraction of the attention that DM does from mappers, so a AAA map like Troubled Waters will be a great addition for the community. Thats great CPTStewart, nice one.

I didnt think I have to add an extra symbol this soon, but now
      IN DEVELOPMENT = In Development

Btw, with the 'in development' status symbol, I've linked to the map makers profile page on the forum, so that people can see who is making the map, if they want to contact them to offer help, have questions or just want to check out thier other work by searching for thier other threads. If you or anyone else has a problem with this, let me know and I'll unlink right away.

Crayfish.

Comment

I've got no problem with that, hopefully more people will notice the map that way.

Comment

That was my thinking too

btw can anyone point me to a good Q2 maplist, its the last major section I need to fill in?

Comment

q2dm1 - The Edge
            q2dm2 - Tokay's Towers
            q2dm3 - The Frag Pipe
            q2dm4 - Lost Hallways
            q2dm5 - The Pits
            q2dm6 - Lava Tomb
            q2dm7 - The Slimy Place
            q2dm8 - Warehouse

q2ctf1 - McKinley Revival
            q2ctf2 - Stronghold Opposition
            q2ctf3 - The Smelter
            q2ctf4 - Outlands
            q2ctf5 - Capture Showdown

base64 - Tim Willits
            city64 - Paul Jaquays
            sewer64 - Christian Antkow

Courtesy of PQ's Q2 FAQ. None of those were in the initial release though, they all got patched in latter apart from the 64 player maps which were separate.

Comment

Originally posted by blackSunday View Post
              q2dm1 - The Edge
              q2dm2 - Tokay's Towers
              q2dm3 - The Frag Pipe
              q2dm4 - Lost Hallways
              q2dm5 - The Pits
              q2dm6 - Lava Tomb
              q2dm7 - The Slimy Place
              q2dm8 - Warehouse

q2ctf1 - McKinley Revival
              q2ctf2 - Stronghold Opposition
              q2ctf3 - The Smelter
              q2ctf4 - Outlands
              q2ctf5 - Capture Showdown

base64 - Tim Willits
              city64 - Paul Jaquays
              sewer64 - Christian Antkow

Courtesy of PQ's Q2 FAQ. None of those were in the initial release though, they all got patched in latter apart from the 64 player maps which were separate.
              Thanks man thats great, I'll try to work that in tomorow

Comment

No worries, idsoftware also did another map for Q2 I forgot about.

match1 - Reckless Abandon

Comment

Thanks.
                  Amazingly now that the main maps are in for all the titles, I've hit the post limit of 2000 characters.. (all that URL linking html). Pretty lucky, but I don't know how I'm going to mark votes and add, new, or in development maps, as I've already stripped the list down as far as I can. Whatsmore Im certain that there will be many more essential popular custom maps for all the titles I've yet to add, and ofcourse QuakeLive and Team Arena not listed yet. Maybe an admin could give me more capacity? I should have reserved the second post, but didn't imagine just how sprawling the HTML for this project would become..

In other news, added a link to challenge-tv.com to the top of the list. To quote:

"*If you are planning a remake, visit the mega archive of Quake series Demo Recordings at challenge-tv.com. These pro replays for are an invaluable resource for understanding the elements that dictate the flow of a map"

Crayfish.

Comment

Start a new thread maybe, split the list into 2 or 3 and add one for proposed remake quotes already made in this thread and link back to this purely for ref.

Wouldn't mind seeing a thumb or 2 for the completed remakes and the status (final, beta, unreleased, platform it's available on, etc) as well.

Comment

i always liked Q3DM-17 and Q3DM-19...lol even when i used to play the urban terror mod for Q3 i would load those 2 maps...pretty fun

Comment

Anything from the origonal Quake and the mission packs. I miss those lovely purple and teal skies...

OK... For the problem with the post character limit in the forums I think you'll have to go grab a free website page and start listing them there.

Also I'm hopeing to get into textureing for UT3 so if anyone can hand over the old quake textures somehow i'd be very pleased. The old high res textures page went down when I was starting to fix up some of the ones not done yet.

Comment

Anything from the origonal Quake and the mission packs. I miss those lovely purple and teal skies...

OK... For the problem with the post character limit in the forums I think you'll have to go grab a free website page and start listing them there.

Also I'm hopeing to get into textureing for UT3 so if anyone can hand over the old quake textures somehow i'd be very pleased. The old high res textures page went down when I was starting to fix up some of the ones not done yet.

Comment

Originally posted by GUPraeToriaN View Post
                            i always liked Q3DM-17 and Q3DM-19...lol even when i used to play the urban terror mod for Q3 i would load those 2 maps...pretty fun
                            Yeah deffo good fun. I didn't know if you were just noting that or actualy voting? I could put up a vote Q3DM17, but DM19 already has 6 remakes available..
                            Originally posted by Kazimira View Post
                            Yeah Quake 1 had a really special atmosphere.
                            Kinda want to keep the list here is possible, hoping there will be some workaround. Maybe it will come to that..
                            Originally posted by Kazimira View Post
                            Are you aware of this:
                            http://www.quakeone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2778
                            and this:
                            http://facelift.quakedev.com/retexture/

I'm running Quake 1 now with Rygel's Texture Package and Dark Places & Tenebrae Mods, and its just awsome:
                            http://icculus.org/twilight/darkplaces/
                            http://tenebrae.sourceforge.net/
                            Now requires almost as much resources as UT3!!

Any other help you need with Quake 1, I'm sure you can find here:
                            http://www.quakeone.com

Comment

Crayfish you are a star thankyou so much!

Comment

Any progress on any of the requested maps?

Comment

Working...
                                X