Maya to UT3 Custom Animation Rigg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maya to UT3 Custom Animation Rigg

THESE RIGS ARE NOT MAINTAINED ANYMORE. THEY DO WORK AS OF 2011-JULY-17TH, HOWEVER, USE THEM ON YOUR OWN.

--------------------------------------

Last Updated : 3rd of July 2009

Animate and export your custom characters for UDK/UT3 with this fully fledged animation rig for Maya 2009. Maya 2008 and older exists but is not guaranteed to work properly. Included is a character and first person rig, example UnrealScript files and UPK files with content for you to learn from.

The rig is fully functional with all stock UDK/UT3 content. It has been used in the following mods;

Zombie Apocalypse
    CODA

Download it here!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

See an example animation made with the rigg, played on one of the official meshes on Youtube or Vimeo.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Contact information is available in the ReadMe files.

Version 2 is now available.

Comment

i saw 'hey catch'
      looks good, nice animation

Comment

Thanks, it's nice to hear that a rush job turned out good.

Comment

An additional update. Mostly the script which is even better to use now!

Comment

will this rig work for custom characters online? will it work with unreals animations as well as your custom animations?

EDIT:
            so sorry should have researched before i posted
            http://dennylindberg.com/forums/index.php?topic=15.0
            it does work

Comment

Yes it should work as far as I'm aware.

Comment

Need help,
                I am trying to put my character in Ued,trying to find a better way to rig a humanoid character for ut using maya,cause the current rig i am working with is not very effective.
                Can you help me get the rig right?

Comment

Check your PM.

Comment

Humm how can I use this in MAX ?
                    & Good job BTW

Comment

Denny:
                      Very nice work man. I took your rig to work with me to show the animators, we love to play with rigs from outside the company. They like it. The guys were pretty keen on those numbered pivots around the feet too, very clever addition.

The only critique they had for it was that they like the feet set up with foot/toe roll attributes, especially ones where the foot will automatically bend at the toes to try and stay connected to the ground if you pull it too far.
                      I'm not sure I've explained it well but I'd be happy to give you some more feedback on that if you're interested. It lets you lock down the foot to the ground when you're animating really well.

Great stuff man, keep it up. I believe two of the guys are planning to animate some stuff with it, so I'll get them to send you some animation and thoughts if they do!

Comment

Originally posted by Repent_ View Post
                        Humm how can I use this in MAX ?
                        & Good job BTW
                        No you can't. Maya and Max are too different for this to work at all. If you need the skeleton, go to UDN, they're available in Max format.

Originally posted by Kizza View Post
                        Denny:
                        Very nice work man. I took your rig to work with me to show the animators, we love to play with rigs from outside the company. They like it. The guys were pretty keen on those numbered pivots around the feet too, very clever addition.

The only critique they had for it was that they like the feet set up with foot/toe roll attributes, especially ones where the foot will automatically bend at the toes to try and stay connected to the ground if you pull it too far.
                        I'm not sure I've explained it well but I'd be happy to give you some more feedback on that if you're interested. It lets you lock down the foot to the ground when you're animating really well.

Great stuff man, keep it up. I believe two of the guys are planning to animate some stuff with it, so I'll get them to send you some animation and thoughts if they do!
                        I know exactly what you mean and I've planned to add that to the rigg, but I've been a bit lazy and I've been working on a first person rigg. I can't promise anything as I've got other things going, but I'll try to make a new set of controllers for the feet.

Comment

How should i use it please can you tell me. I think version 2 is available

Comment

I'm sorry, but everything you need to know is in the readme. If you don't know how to use Maya you'll have to look up some tutorials.

Comment

The rig has been updated.

Comment

Working...
                              X