This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Waylon, your an asset to the community.

Thanks for your time an effort. I have enjoyed your easy to follow tuts very much.

One thing i have noticed in my search for answers in UE3 is the lack of sound tutorials.

I have been trying to get some definative answers to problems I have been experiencing with applying sound to my levels.

After some time I was able to get about 90% of the answers I needed but I am literally held up by one small detail.

In applying sound to say... CTF Maps. Setting up a "UT Map Music" file through the Generic Browser was simple enough... adding stingers made sense and was easy enough... and perhaps a quick tutorial on this would be a good idea. What I am running into though is after I create the Map Music File... and then goto World properties from the View Menu... I cannot add the Map Music to the mapinfo from there.

I have UTCTF map as supported type but no luck assigning a sound package to it.

Do you have any idea why the MapInfo does not allow me to add the sound file?

I opened strident and saw that under its world properties there were expandable catagories where one could add files to it, but my mapinfo does not have those catagories.

Comment

Nice man keep up the good work!!

Comment

Good stuff Waylon

Comment

Cheapshot - I haven't actually done much audio work yet, so unfortunately I don't know. I'll be looking into audio a little bit in a couple weeks, though that probably doesn't help you.

Comment

Ah... ok... I will have to keep digging, but looking forward to your next tut

Comment

@waylon:On a side note... you might consider posting this over at Beyond Unreal Forums. IceCreamYou has a collection of tutorials he has put together that yours would fit in nicely.

Comment

Waylon, thank you so much for those tutorials. I did some very primitive level building with UT2k3 and UT2k4, but I have found your tutorials very easy to follow and very straightforward. Its gotten me up and running a lot quicker than I expected.

Comment

Originally posted by sWs»Cheapshot View Post
                  @waylon:On a side note... you might consider posting this over at Beyond Unreal Forums. IceCreamYou has a collection of tutorials he has put together that yours would fit in nicely.
                  Posted. Thanks for the referral!

Comment

Hey Waylon will you cover Round surfaces and editing in subtractive universe instead of adtractive or what ever it is?

I made my first map folowing your steps in adractive but recently tried subtractive and it seams way easyer.

Comment

Originally posted by Vertigo101 View Post
                      Hey Waylon will you cover Round surfaces and editing in subtractive universe instead of adtractive or what ever it is?

I made my first map folowing your steps in adractive but recently tried subtractive and it seams way easyer.
                      Until you cook it

The difference is minor I think. Additive is a little harder to get precise in some ways... but subtractive is limited for things like wall designs for someone just starting... if you know additive... it might be best to go with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Vertigo101 View Post

With these tutorials I really just want to cover the basics - enough of each tool so that you can get up to speed and figure out the details on your own. The tools for working in subtractive are the same as for additive, it's just minor differences in workflow and some problems you may encounter.

Also, I'd say in general, if you need to do round surfaces you're better off going with a static mesh than bsp. It's just not good for anything very complicated.

Comment

Added a new tutorial - material basics

http://waylon-art.com/LearningUnreal...rialBasics.htm

It covers
                          - Creating a new material
                          - Adding textures to a material
                          - Adding specular highlights, and controlling them with a texture
                          - Adding normal maps
                          - Controlling Specular Power
                          - Tinting the diffuse texture
                          - Adding comments to your node network

Comment

Added a new tutorial - material basics 2

http://waylon-art.com/LearningUnreal...ialBasics2.htm

It covers
                            - Duplicating assets
                            - Material hotkeys
                            - Glowing materials (emissive)
                            - Controlling texture tiling with TextureCoordinate (TexCoord) nodes
                            - UV offset
                            - Blended materials (reducing texture tiling)
                            - Linear Interpolate (Lerp)

Comment

awesome just plain awesome

Comment

Awesome tutorials!!

If you ever need a spot for those tuts, Utmodding.com is easy to use.

Comment

Working...
                                X