Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

UTMultiTeam (TDM4 and Classic DOM) Progress Report

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UTMultiTeam (TDM4 and Classic DOM) Progress Report

I was hoping to get a working alpha done by today as an early christmas present for you all, but unfortunately I've not had the time to quite get it to a releasable standard. So, here's some screenshots instead! The gameplay's pretty much worked out, I've got a couple more bugs to fix and some netcode issues to do with team switching to sort out, but once I get back to a compy I can work at it on, I will be releasing at least the TDM component for testing sometime in early January

Once again, many thanks to Lotus of CustomUT fame for letting me use his shaders - the coloured skins you see here are all down to him!

Niceeeeeeeeeee

Anyways, whats going to happen now, I thought UT3DOM was already remaking classic DOM? And they will implement 4 teams aswell won't they?

Comment

Very nice... Even with skin colors for all players (not like ut2k3 one)

Nice Job

Comment

Freaking A Cataylst. Man, gotta love Lotus and that skin color thing he gave ya.

I seriously (and UTDOM + Public) can't wait for this to go final (or even beta).

Just a question, do you know if the shader thing Lotus gave you, will it put green and gold skins onto custom models as well? Like does his program/coder make it so it places a green/gold texture to replace the present blue/red?

Comment

Hey, I've tryed customUT and it was cool, however I didn't really like the fact that the custom skin colors made the bots in my game look like glowsticks, so I was just wondering if people are going to glow like crazy at a far distance?

Comment

HeatRay Dark Walker shots please or it didn't happen.

Comment

Could be fun with 4 teams with 2 guys

Comment

WOW, that 4 team mod has got to be one of the coolest mods I've heard of. If this works, in it's final release on PS3, people on PSN will have a field day with this. I don't know how many time this has been done on PC, but I don't think ANY console shooter has had 4 team battles. So sick! can't wait to play this some day.

Comment

Originally posted by Reverse View Post
                  Hey, I've tryed customUT and it was cool, however I didn't really like the fact that the custom skin colors made the bots in my game look like glowsticks, so I was just wondering if people are going to glow like crazy at a far distance?
                  Look at the first picture, their you have it, non-glowstix bots.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.UglyPants View Post
                    Just a question, do you know if the shader thing Lotus gave you, will it put green and gold skins onto custom models as well? Like does his program/coder make it so it places a green/gold texture to replace the present blue/red?
                    So long as those models' skins are based on the same materials as the vanilla UT3 characters are, and I don't see a real reason why they should not - although I'm not an artist so don't quote me on that - then that should be fine. Anyone subclassing my gametype should be able to add their own character shaders fairly simply anyway if they want to; Lotus has his setup so that team colour is controlled by a vector parameter, if I remember rightly, so if the custom models' shaders have that parameter then they'll be coloured too.

Originally posted by Reverse View Post
                    I've been aiming for a similar glow to epic's standard game models at a distance. The top shot may be slightly misleading given that it isn't *quite* far away to glow, I believe.

Originally posted by Wormbo View Post
                    HeatRay Dark Walker shots please or it didn't happen.
                    Hadn't even begun thinking about vehicle materials... that may or may not still be the case by final release

Originally posted by Larry L View Post
                    WOW, that 4 team mod has got to be one of the coolest mods I've heard of. If this works, in it's final release on PS3, people on PSN will have a field day with this. I don't know how many time this has been done on PC, but I don't think ANY console shooter has had 4 team battles. So sick! can't wait to play this some day.
                    I hope it will just work on the PS3, but I'm willing to work with anyone who has the PS3 version to iron out any bugs with it, once we're allowed to do bespoke PS3 mods . I believe Halo 3 does 4-team DM (maybe previous Halos too?), but I think they're 2v2v2v2.

Comment

If your really silly, you could have everyone on their own team (everyone a different team color) in Halo2/3.

Comment

Hello Catalyst,

this is a really good work and that in a so short time. I can not wait for the Domination Part of the mod.

Comment

Hey Catalyst, in your mod, in the settings menu (for gamemodes) we'll be able to choose from 2 to 4 teams right?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.UglyPants View Post
                            Hey Catalyst, in your mod, in the settings menu (for gamemodes) we'll be able to choose from 2 to 4 teams right?
                            Kind of. Because it's currently near impossible to set your own gametype settings in the menus, I've included a gametype in the menu for each type of setting (so 3-Team Deathmatch and 4-Team Deathmatch, though DOM will require three of 'em). I hope to either find a novel way of inserting my own options screen or just go with that . It's still only one gametype really, with multiple entries, so starting a server will happen with a ?NumTeams option.

Comment

This looks awesome! Can't wait to try it out! Thanks for all your hard work!

Comment

Working...
                              X