Tribes mod FTW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tribes mod FTW

as you may know, vugames ****ed it up with Tribes vengeance...the speed was awsome tho, but the game was so limited since they discontinued support and didn't wanna release the SDK. so my question is: same "base" engine, so I was wondering if it's gonna be possible to mod UT3 so we have jetpack and/or skiing capabilities? cuz I love high speed combat and mid-air ownage. ^.^ instagib's jumping is decent, but the sniper is ridiculously OP. + that gets rid of the stupid right left, left right strafe dodging. =P

anyways, just an idea... feel free to share your thoughts

so basically you don't want UT3?..

of course its pose to add those things.. dont turn it into another game though

Comment

elevation/speed gives another factor to consider while aiming which makes the game even more challenging. IT would also attract a big portion of unsatisfied tribes fan thus bringing even more players to the game. =D

Comment

I'm sure some smart fella could do it but it probably would be a lot of work. Tribes 2 was cool with the vehicles. Vengeance wasn't half as good.

Comment

I gta say im a massive fan of UT because it adds something different to FPS and Tribes did the same so i too would love to see a mod like that, or a human mutator so it is done by the experts.

Comment

Originally posted by Zeran View Post
            as you may know, vugames ****ed it up with Tribes vengeance...the speed was awsome tho, but the game was so limited since they discontinued support and didn't wanna release the SDK. so my question is: same "base" engine, so I was wondering if it's gonna be possible to mod UT3 so we have jetpack and/or skiing capabilities? cuz I love high speed combat and mid-air ownage. ^.^ instagib's jumping is decent, but the sniper is ridiculously OP. + that gets rid of the stupid right left, left right strafe dodging. =P

Ya Vu Games Did F'up Tribes Vengeance. Its not that I dont want to play UT3 I do!!! but on the other hand there is nothing wrong having a Good Tribes Mod! CTF ALL THE WAY!!!!!!

Comment

I dont see why not there was a jet pack mutator in UT2004 I know I ran it on my server

Comment

Originally posted by GrimReaper View Post
                I dont see why not there was a jet pack mutator in UT2004 I know I ran it on my server
                now that's good news =P

Comment

T2 and T:V were both awesome. T:V got a bad rap because IG spent too much time on the SP mode and the MP mode was only half-finished. Then VUG pulled the plug. IMHO IG never should have even created an SP mode, they should have spent all of their resources on MP, then T:V would have been excellent.

That said... a Tribes style game for UE3 would be great. The issue is that you would have to be quite far from a Tribes clone since VUG is a really touchy company.

Personally, I played T2 and T:V a lot, and I preferred a lot of its gameplay over UT (did I just say what I think I said?? )

If a similar game were done, it would have to be done right.

Comment

yes, it would be interesting to have tribes style experience in UT3...

Comment

Originally posted by DGUnreal View Post
                      T2 and T:V were both awesome. T:V got a bad rap because IG spent too much time on the SP mode and the MP mode was only half-finished. Then VUG pulled the plug. IMHO IG never should have even created an SP mode, they should have spent all of their resources on MP, then T:V would have been excellent.

That said... a Tribes style game for UE3 would be great. The issue is that you would have to be quite far from a Tribes clone since VUG is a really touchy company.

Personally, I played T2 and T:V a lot, and I preferred a lot of its gameplay over UT (did I just say what I think I said?? )

If a similar game were done, it would have to be done right.
                      VUG really screwed the Tribes community big time. I still play Tribes2. I played it for 5 years+ Not bad for a game that 7+ years old. If I had the Bux I would go back to the Torque Engine and do it right. There was so much support for the game more than I have seen for any game. There are over 5,000+ plus maps made for Tribes2 and that just CTF maps not including the other game types. There were tons of scripts IE: The Panama Jack Scripts. Voice Packs were great. ( Osirus Voice Pack and D6 pack ) The Server Admin commands were awesome!! ( Tricon 2 ). The Mods like Renegades, Ninja, Construction, Version 2, and War2003 are awesome. There is really nothing wrong with Tribes 2 to date. All it really needs now is just a face lift. Meaning New Graphics for scenery weapons and vehicles thats it!.

Thats why im looking forward to UT3 The graphics look great and the game play looks awesome. ( if its like UT2004 Ill be play'n UT3 alot )

Side Note:

But it would be nice to see a Tribes mod for UT3 lol

Cya

Comment

Since when does VUgames own jetpacking and skiing rights? obviously it won't be called Tribes mod anyway soo.

Comment

Since when does VUgames own jetpacking and skiing rights? obviously it won't be called Tribes mod anyway soo.
                          They don't, but if the look and feel of the game was exactly the same as Tribes, there could be some legal issues.
                          If the player models, vehicles, weapons, etc. were clone rip-offs, but the name was simply changed to "Clans" or similar, I would expect a lawsuit.

Comment

I created a Game Design Document for my Tribes 3 for UT3 , i pitched it to Avalanche Studios, one of them liked it :O

Comment

Originally posted by Valconeye View Post
                              I created a Game Design Document for my Tribes 3 for UT3 , i pitched it to Avalanche Studios, one of them liked it :O
                              Are you talking about a Tribes 2 mod for UT3 made by Avalanche Studios?

Just wondering?

Comment

Working...
                              X