Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it easy to edit hud images (weapons)?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm using two of the crucicle weapons (scarab grenades and basilik shotgun) with the weapon replacement mutator. These weapons appear with the sniper rifle and the flak cannot graphics in the hud. Can this be changed? What files do I need to open with the editor and what exactly do I need to look for? Also, any way to remove the crucible splash screen that appears at the beginning of every match? Any idea what file has that picture?

Originally posted by Elaphe View Post
    No

[...]These weapons appear with the sniper rifle and the flak cannot graphics in the hud. Can this be changed?
    No. Unless you're using a custom hud.

What files do I need to open with the editor and what exactly do I need to look for?
    You can't just edit files.

Also, any way to remove the crucible splash screen that appears at the beginning of every match?
    Involves coding.

Comment

The weapon bar unfortunately is drawn using native code, so you can't just copy and paste code, like you would have in UT200x or UT1.
      When I messed with the weapon bar for the HUD of the UT3 Jailbreak game mode, just to add the Translocator or Hoverboard in front of the Impact Hammer slot, I had to reimplement the drawing code from scratch with nothing but guess work as to what the individual variables would do.

In other words, a simple "No." to the first question may be an understatement. But if you want to take on the challenge anyway, I'm happy to provide you my custom weapon bar drawing code as starting point. You will have to learn UnrealScript and other basics of UT3 modding, though.

Comment

Hint: UDK's UTHUD::DisplayWeaponBar

Comment

Working...
        X