Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

[IDE] Unreal Sed (2.1.0) [PIC]

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Over the last few weeks I've been busy with some real life stuff and am haven't been able to work much on any visible features. Today, however, I've started worked on the auto completion parts required for the text editor.
    The parser is still not ready to be implemented in the text editor, but it seems to be coming along nicely.

Here is a screenshot of the auto completion window:
    [shot]http://imageshack.com/a/img607/9739/dbob.jpg[/shot]

Comment

It's about time for some information on development to be given. I am still working on Intellisense, more specifically on the parser. I've re-written the parser and redesigned it for faster development and for easier addition of features.

Currently it is capable of parsing classes with the following elements:
      - Class declaration (still needs to handle special modifiers)
      - Block comments
      - Line Comments
      - Variables (this one is still very limited)
      - Enumerations
      - Structures (still very limited duo to the state of variable parsing)
      - Constants (most likely finished)

This is a screenshot of the test program, having it parsed a stripped version (due to the parser not being finished yet) of the Object class from UDK-2012-10.
      [shot]http://imageshack.com/a/img571/7599/1fsh.jpg[/shot]

I've spent somewhat a full week time working on the new parser and was able to accomplish more than what I had with the old parser in double the time.

Auto-Completion is still in very early stages of development mainly due to the lack of a fully functional parser (which is not yet integrated into Unreal Sed).

The Content Browser has been touched up, but still lacks the functionality required for it to go live.

Comment

I've finished the maintenance of the website and it is now available again.

I may have some news in a few days or weeks. I've been learning about Lexical Analysis and such for Intellisense, and it's taking some time. Also other projects are also consuming time (just the website maintenance took day and a half).

Comment

Hi, today I bring bad news.

Over the last three to four weeks, my computer has been dying. It has now reached a point where it does not boot, and if it does it freezes after five to ten minutes.

Since I do not have the monetary means to buy a new computer, I fear that programming is something I won't be able to do for quite some time.
          That means Unreal Sed (along with all my projects) is dead.

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,
          100GPing100.

Comment

Originally posted by 100GPing100 View Post
            Hi, today I bring bad news.

Over the last three to four weeks, my computer has been dying. It has now reached a point where it does not boot, and if it does it freezes after five to ten minutes.

Since I do not have the monetary means to buy a new computer, I fear that programming is something I won't be able to do for quite some time.
            That means Unreal Sed (along with all my projects) is dead.

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,
            100GPing100.
            That really sucks man. Sorry to hear that. Here's to hoping you can get back into it at some point.

Comment

I think I have gotten it fixed, now I only have half of the RAM I had, but at least it works.

I will be getting back to Unreal Sed at the beginning of January 2014, as I want to make sure it is fixed so it does not corrupt any files.

Comment

You can now report bugs and suggest new features over at http://forums.100gping100.com/.

Having a forum with a section dedicated to Unreal Sed makes it much easier to manage suggestions and bug reports with it's threaded structure.

Comment

Finally it is time for an update. Unreal Sed Mark 3 is currently under development.
                  You can read more and see some screenshots on the blog post:

Mark 3 Announcement

Comment

I will be creating a blog post with more information on the development of Unreal Sed Mark 3 tomorrow (Saturday) or the day after (Sunday). The post will mostly consist of progress reports, time allocation, screen-shots and explanations for new features and/or changes.

Comment

And here is the promised blog post:

Mark 3 Splash Screen And News

Comment

How do you add an environment, I have uT3 do I add the game folder or the mydocs folder? Which folder do you add I assume its UTgame.

Comment

Originally posted by ZippyDSMlee View Post
                          How do you add an environment, I have uT3 do I add the game folder or the mydocs folder? Which folder do you add I assume its UTgame.
                          To add an environment you choose the executable folder (or the main folder in pre-UT3 games).

Comment

Working...
                          X