Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

How to make the Unlit effect on model like you have in UT2004 but with UT3?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to make the Unlit effect on model like you have in UT2004 but with UT3?

Well... it is an advanced question for both mod makers and map makers working with U2 and U3 engine.

I want to make the bUnlit=true effect I got when I apply that on a weapon class in UT2004.
    I found the equivalent function in UT3 but the unlit remove every lights maybe like it was supposed. (in the material properties)
    Is there another way to do an object with full light (glow) receiving no shadow, light effect or reflection?

How to make the Unlit effect on model like you have in UT2004 but with UT3?

I am also facing the same problem.If you have already got the solution, please let me know. Thanks in advance

Comment

There are a few ways to do it. One way would be to do something similar to say how the UDamage adds a overlay to the weapons, or how the Invisibility works on players.
      Another way, using purely unrealscript and not having to add/use extra materials, would be to add(if one is not already attached to the object) and then adjust the DynamicLightEnvironmentComponent. See the UTCTFFlag and its child classes on how this can be done.

Comment

Working...
      X