Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I recompile scripts? PLEASE HELP ME!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I recompile scripts? PLEASE HELP ME!!!

OK, this is getting really annoying. I am trying to recompile some scripts into a .u file. I myself am no programmer but I do know that they are structured correctly. I just uncompiled something, edited some names, but how do I recompile? I can't seem to find any tuts that help much. I thought I'm doing it right but I guess not. So this is what I do. I put the scripts (.uc files) in here:

C:\Users\idnewton\Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Src\MyMod\Classes

Then I run a modded UT3 shortcut. It is a normal shortcut accept it's url is this:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Unreal Tournament 3\Binaries\UT3.exe" make -full

That should do it right? And it does say it is compiling them. window pops up, success, blah blah blah. BUT NO .U!!!! What am I doing wrong?!!?

PLEASE HELP!!!

read under the src files where it says note
    http://udn.epicgames.com/Three/UT3Mo...Source%20Files

Comment

thats what i have been doing. but right beneith note there is something i missed! looks like I need to let the ut3e know that Im doing this by puting it in uteditor.ini

i'll let u know how it goes and thanks for helping me

Comment

It works!!! thank you so much!! of course, it had 37 errors and 4 warnings, but still, at least it 'sees' it now!!!

Comment

OK, these errors and warnings are actually getting annoying cause it isnt working. I have 39 errors and 4 warnings and it doesnt work. so what went wrong? this is what i did. I uncompiled a mod, edited some names, but now it doesn't recompile!!!

My entire problem seems to these 'already used' things. this is what one such error says:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Unreal Tournament 3\Development\Src\UTCrucible\Classes
          CxWeap_Melee.uc(808) : Error, BEGIN OBJECT: The component name FirstPersonMesh is already used (if you want to override the component, don't specify a class): Begin Object Class=UTSkeletalMeshComponent Name=FirstPersonMesh ObjName=FirstPersonMesh Archetype=UTSkeletalMeshComponent'UTCrucible.Defau lt_CxWeapon:FirstPersonMesh'

??? Huh?

So what Im thinking is that uncompiling it like deleted the references, or names, or something?

PLEASE HELP!!!

Comment

read what the error says
            Code:
            don't specify a class
            this is your error
            Code:
            Begin Object Class=UTSkeletalMeshComponent Name=FirstPersonMesh ObjName=FirstPersonMesh Archetype=UTSkeletalMeshComponent'UTCrucible.Defau lt_CxWeapon:FirstPersonMesh'
            change to this
            Code:
            Begin Object Class= Name=FirstPersonMesh ObjName=FirstPersonMesh Archetype=UTSkeletalMeshComponent'UTCrucible.Defau lt_CxWeapon:FirstPersonMesh'
            after you delete the class on all the begin object then you can recompile

Comment

i will try this. thank you for your help

Comment

OK, well...it seems like it can find nothing. nothing works. you WERE right, but another warning pops up once I fix that first one. it is different for each, but it basically says that theres no such thing as said in ini. im no programmer, but i know one thing. THATS NOT GOOD!!! So this is what i'm going to do, k? i will uncompile mod, then recompile without editing anything. THEN i will see how it goes. if it doesn't work, its not ever going to work because the decompiler nulls all references. if it DOES work (which i highly doubt, all I edited were a few weapon names and death strings) then I changed something wrong (or didn't change something else to match the new info).

I will tell u how it goes

Comment

aha! i have found the culprit!!! and I was wrong, there is ANOTHER way it could (and did) have failed. IT FAIL TO UNCOMPILE EVERYTHING!!! it doesn't delete references, but it cant reference something that isnt there!!! well, you helped me get to here, now, so now hopefully you can help me with this final problem? This is what happens every time I export. It isn't exporting the WP_ files at all. I don't think it can find them I guess. here's an example of what it says:

Failed to load 'WP_Cx_Hammer': Error opening file '..\UTGame\CookedPC\CustomMaps\WP_Cx_Hammer.upk' (C:\Program Files (x86)\Unreal Tournament 3\Binaries\).

Huh? I tried MAKING a custom maps folder there and putting the stuff in (cause that doesn't even exist to begin with. ???) AND i tried puting it in the REAL one, where all the custom maps go. so ive got no clue. it must be in the binaries folder, ive been having bits of trouble with that recently. maybe I should just reinstall ut3. havent done it once in the 2 years ive had it. :P havent needed to. you certainly seem knowledgable bout this stuff. got a clue about whats causing this? i sure hope so

Comment

*im sure that what you are trying is impossible!
                    *you cannot decompile a ".u" into ".uc" then re-compile back into a ".u" without making changes

*your first decompile will not give you everything
                    * you are working with published files - they will stripped of certain resources [materials for example - references remain]
                    - you need to make these and reference yourself // do it all again and re-name it a different name [for weapons this may be attachments sockets projectiles etc]

p.s.
                    the Hax deompile does not work for me and i also use a 64 bit OS- no files appear - nothing happens - the batchexport flashes on my screen then off..
                    *also what files are you trying to compile ?-
                    if it is a weapon it needs the weapon.uc, the projectile and the attachment

- and seriously the batch export does not work anyway so i have no diea how you made a ".U" into ".UC" anyway
                    ?

Comment

ok, this is what im doing. i explained it on the other thread how to batch export so check that one out.

so there's no way to edit a .u file? i thought if i just uncompiled, edited, recompiled, it would work fine. is there no way to do it? i'd really like this to work.

Comment

Don't need it! I just needed to edit the INT and it works perfectly! I didn't think it worked for months, but thats because I had kept a backup of the INT file. No problem with that right? Yeah there is when you keep the backup in the My Games directory, overwriting the one you want to work! Well, its all good now, when you kill someone it actually says that you were killed with a lightsaber Now all my server prep is complete, karateka will get me set up once the mass map pack is done, and you will be slashing RIIP members in half on mustafar!

Comment

Working...
                        X