UT3.com compress question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UT3.com compress question

Sorry to bother you guys but i cant find the command i m looking for.
    HTML Code:
    ut3.com compress "C:\folder name\File Name.ut3" "D:\result folder"
    is not working.
    It says D:\result folder does not exist which it does.
    My project is simple but it has some advantages over previous releases of other programmers.
    Mine saves settings and selected files list and will work both for UT3 and UT2004, maybe even more i dont know yet.
    Attached Files

Hello,

you must know, the compress commandlet does not deal with "output" parameters. It interprets any parameter passed to it as a file which is to be compressed:
    Code:
    ut3.com compress FileToCompress AnotherFileToCompress ...
    It's up to your program to copy the files output to the desired location.

Comment

so where does compressed file end up ? it ut3.com directory ?
      If so then i could just copy files to output directory and them compress them from there, but only if compressed files remain in same directory as uncompressed and not as ut3.com

After i execute
      HTML Code:
      UT3.com compress "D:\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\CookedPC\CH_IronGuard.upk"
      i cant see any .uz3 files anywhere. CMD windows says 0 errors but here does it output compressed files ?

Comment

If you append the -NoHomeDir parameter to the command line, then the compressed file will end up in the same directory as the source file. Otherwise, it will end up in the corresponding directory below your user profile directory:
        Code:
        UT3.com compress "D:\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\CookedPC\CH_IronGuard.upk" -NoHomeDir
        // -> "D:\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\CookedPC\CH_IronGuard.upk.uz3"

UT3.com compress "D:\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\CookedPC\CH_IronGuard.upk"
        // -> "%UserProfile%\Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\CookedPC\CH_IronGuard.upk.uz3"

Comment

For me it goes into
          Code:
          "%USERPROFILE%\Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Unpublished\CookedPC"
          please confirm you have it under
          Code:
           "D:\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\CookedPC\"
          instead of
          Code:
          "%USERPROFILE%\Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\CookedPC\"
          but anyway thats a hustle dont you think ?
          In order for me to be able to use output folder, i'd have to move all those compressed files to output folder.
          Kinda wish ut3.com had params for output as well.

Man i am so excited to publish my app. i have all cool sound effects added and very funny sound response due to errors and successful returns
          I bet you'd laugh when you use it.
          I can give send u a test file if u want, but it wont compress anything caz i have not worked the commands out yet.

Comment

Uuh, indeed, it goes below the Unpublished directory, I missed that. So, it seems like the only way to "force" an output location (at least to some extent) is to append -NoHomeDir to the command line.

Comment

Check it out, i finished it !
              http://forums.epicgames.com/showthre...9#post27159429

Comment

Working...
              X