make a weapon mesh and animation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

make a weapon mesh and animation?

How do I make a 3d model of a weapon in 3ds max including a animation and import it to UT3?

Do I even need to make a animation of the weapons I make in 3ds Max?

go to your old post http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=717376 and click on geo's link UT40K you can find them there

Comment

Do I even have to make the animation for the weapon. Can I just make the mesh and import it?

Comment

in most cases you only need a skeletalmesh for the 3rd person weapon, but you can add anims but they are very rarely seen in game

Comment

I just want to make my own first person animation. But can PS3 have first person animations...

Comment

Those tutorials didn't help me a lot really. it still misses a lot of information. like, how do you even make the animationset? and things like that.

Comment

@Oblivion2500 ok the anims i did in the video's are for the First Person mesh which you then export via actorx
              yes PS3 can have FP anims but you might have a lot of work doing the arm anims

@Beastenator, i'm quite sure i covered that as well

Comment

Ok. Am I going to have to make my own arms in 3ds max to create my own first person animation?
                OR
                Can I just make something like, FPS animation but the arms are not showing...Like the flak cannon or rocket launcher? Just the shooting animation, no arms...???

Comment

yeh just animate the weapon, you can move on to doing arms when your more confident

Comment

Ok. That good. I don't have any weapons ideas that require showing your arms...thanks for the help. Do you have a tutorial on how to make your own explosions/bullets/missiles?

Comment

Originally posted by Oblivion2500 View Post
                      Ok. That good. I don't have any weapons ideas that require showing your arms...thanks for the help. Do you have a tutorial on how to make your own explosions/bullets/missiles?
                      For that, you go to the UT3 editor and make a particle system

http://www.hourences.com/book/tutorialsue3cascade.htm
                      start with this one

Comment

Working...
                      X