Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shield, Melee Weapons, Projectile Blocking Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shield, Melee Weapons, Projectile Blocking Help!

Hello all, i have been reading Forums and learning from many of you experts all sorts of stuff, But now i have run into my own problems and need help, here's my issues.

I have made a Melee combat mod with these weapons.

Sword
    Spear
    Bow and Arrow
    Axe
    shield
    My shield needs to be able to block all these weapons especially the arrows

the arrows are UTprojectiles, the shield is a UTWeapon I have the shield attached to my player as a skeleton mesh component I can not get the collision to work right this is what I have tried so far.

using a physic's asset on my shield trying all the different collision options for physics assets with no luck.

I have tried per poly collision on my shield itself instead of line collision.

I have tried every variable possible in script to try and block projectiles with no luck.

I can go over more details with anybody that is willing to help, if someone can lend a hand I will be in their debt and willing to help them if I can, i am a game developer my self I work for a big game company but we do not use the UT3 engine at my studio I use it for my own personal use.

Setting collisions on the actual arrows might help too, because the shield's collisions are being overridden by the arrow collisions, collisions on both seems to make the most sense.

Comment

Thanks for the Quick Response,
      The Arrow Projectile is a Static Mesh that has collision set on it in the static mesh viewer, and the following settings in script
      CollideActors=true
      bAcceptsLights=true
      BlockRigidBody=true
      BlockActors=true

should it have some other collision setting in script or anywhere else?

Comment

because the shield's collisions are being overridden by the arrow collisions

also what do you mean by this? why would the arrow collision overwrite the shields collision?

Comment

does anyone know how to block projectiles with a shield type weapon?

Comment

Actually, in the script source for UT3 there is code for a shield. I found it yesterday by accident.

From UTWeaponSheild.uc,

/**
            * Copyright 1998-2008 Epic Games, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
            */

/** special actor that only blocks weapons fire */
            class UTWeaponShield extends Actor
            native
            abstract;

/** If true, doesn't block projectiles flagged as bNotBlockedByShield */
            var bool bIgnoreFlaggedProjectiles;

defaultproperties
            {
            bProjTarget=true
            bCollideActors=true
            }

Hope that helps.

Comment

good info this help me get it working! Thanks!

Comment

Glad I could be of help.

Comment

Working...
                X