3 teams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3 teams

How would I make it so, there is 3 teams per match?

Most probably a new gametype which designates the new team and changes the scoring system radically. I'm not sure how to get around implementing the gametype though. Should it extend Deathmatch or a team gametype?

Comment

To make 3 teams, requires alot of work.
      But dont worry, it has already been done for you. I would recomend that you use the UTMultiTeam mod as the base for your mod. It adds support for up to 4 teams. The download link does not work at that page but you can download the UTMultiTeam mod at http://ut3dom.xantaz.net/download.php?view.18 Once you have the mod, decompile the scripts and extend your classes off them.

As of the official UT3 patch 2.0 and newer, You will have to make a few minor changes to make your mod work with it. Basicly its the 3 and 4 team scoreboards dont display correctly with the newer patches. You can take a look at how I made it work with my mod (UT3Dom). The source code for UT3Dom http://ut3dom.xantaz.net/uncodex/

Comment

Thanks a lot

Comment

help please

so working in UDK and I tried to compile the code lets just say the errors seemed almost infinite the UTMT seems to be extending numerous scripts I suppose that are either out of date or not carried by the UDK if you have any advice what i would need to use to enable 2 human teams with 1 AI team please let mw know thanks

p.s. most errors came from missing references in the gamereplication file but once commented out the pawn file errores up next anyways heres a short listing of the errors.

Code:
          C:\UDK\UDK-2010-02 - Copy\Development\Src\UTMT\Classes\UTMT_GameReplicationInfo.uc(100) : Error, 'SetNoStreamWorldTextureForFrames': Bad command or expression
          C:\UDK\UDK-2010-02 - Copy\Development\Src\UTMT\Classes\UTMT_GameReplicationInfo.uc(53) : Error, Unrecognized member 'CharacterData' in class 'UTPlayerReplicationInfo'
          C:\UDK\UDK-2010-02 - Copy\Development\Src\UTMT\Classes\UTMT_GameReplicationInfo.uc(27) : Error, Unrecognized member 'CharacterData' in class 'UTPlayerReplicationInfo'
          C:\UDK\UDK-2010-02 - Copy\Development\Src\UTMT\Classes\UTMT_Pawn.uc(314) : Error, Unrecognized member 'DrawTextClipped' in class 'Canvas'
          C:\UDK\UDK-2010-02 - Copy\Development\Src\UTMT\Classes\UTMT_PlayerController.uc(78) : Error, Bad or missing expression after '&&': 'UTVehicle_TrackTurretBase'
          C:\UDK\UDK-2010-02 - Copy\Development\Src\UTMT\Classes\UTMT_PlayerReplicationInfo.uc(81) : Error, Bad or missing expression after '&&': 'RedBodyMIC'
          C:\UDK\UDK-2010-02 - Copy\Development\Src\UTMT\Classes\UTMT_PlayerReplicationInfo.uc(13) : Error, Bad or missing expression in parenthesis for 'Assert'
          C:\UDK\UDK-2010-02 - Copy\Development\Src\UTMT\Classes\UTMT_TeamGame.uc(174) : Error, Bad or missing expression in Call to 'DynamicLoadObject', parameter 1
          C:\UDK\UDK-2010-02 - Copy\Development\Src\UTMT\Classes\UTMT_TeamHUD.uc(183) : Error, Bad or missing expression in 'If'
          C:\UDK\UDK-2010-02 - Copy\Development\Src\UTMT\Classes\UTMT_TeamHUD.uc(84) : Error, 'TeamColor': Bad command or expression
          C:\UDK\UDK-2010-02 - Copy\Development\Src\UTMT\Classes\UTMT_TeamMaterialTransformer.uc(140) : Error, Call to 'SetVectorParameterValue', parameter 2: Type mismatch in Out variable
          C:\UDK\UDK-2010-02 - Copy\Development\Src\UTMT\Classes\UTMT_UTUIScene_MidGameMenu.uc(144) : Error, Type mismatch in Call to 'PlayUIAnimation', parameter 3
          C:\UDK\UDK-2010-02 - Copy\Development\Src\UTMT\Classes\UTMT_UTUIScene_MidGameMenu.uc(89) : Error, Type mismatch in Call to 'PlayUIAnimation', parameter 3
          C:\UDK\UDK-2010-02 - Copy\Development\Src\UTMT\Classes\UTMT_UTUIScene_MidGameMenu.uc(27) : Error, 'InGamePage': Bad command or expression

Comment

you should post the udk stuff in the udk forum

Comment

thanks I could add it there I only posted it here because it was related to this original post and was hoping that someone already in this post could help. Guess ill make an additional one there.

Comment

Working...
              X