Vehicle Not Compiling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vehicle Not Compiling

Having some issues getting a vehicle to compile. After I alter my code and make the .ini file for it. Then load the editor it does not ask to compile the changed code. Is there a specific folder that all the code and vehicle package needs to be in for this to happen. Ive been moving them around all the unpublished folders without any luck.

Delete/Move the compiled script file, then load up the editor again and it should ask you. I think it only asks that if you don't have the compiled script in your Unpublished folder, or new script/class has been added to the folder

Comment

Should be in UTGame/SRC.

Comment

Right everything is unpublished, I went off the scorpion base for it, but commented out the weapons since my golf cart is weaponless.

Ok so everything goes in the SRC base folder? Or just the code files only?

Also after I get a compile to work, I need to load the .u file in order to be able to use it in the editor right?

Comment

The .uc file(s) must go in

Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Src\apophisvehicle\Classes

If you have .upk files, in order to compile (I) put them in this folder. (move it after)
          C:\Program Files\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\CookedPC\Gameplay

After it compiles, the .u file should appear here:
          My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Unpublished\CookedPC\Script

Move both files to the same folder after....Yes, you need to load in the editor.

Usually depending on your setup this will be the folder to get them in game, with the *.ini in the right folder.
          My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Published\CookedPC\Script

Comment

Awesome thank you, seems to work now I just have to figure out what this unexpected i error is.

Comment

Just as a little update on the error i am saving as an ANSI.

Here is what my code is:

Code:
              /**
               * Copyright 1998-2007 Epic Games, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
               */
              class UTVehicleFactory_GolfCart extends UTVehicleFactory;

defaultproperties
              {
              	Begin Object Name=SVehicleMesh
              		SkeletalMesh=SkeletalMesh'A3D_Vehicles.GolfCart.Golf_Cart'
              		Translation=(X=0.0,Y=0.0,Z=-70.0) // -60 seems about perfect for exact alignment, -70 for some 'lee way'
              	End Object

Components.Remove(Sprite)

Begin Object Name=CollisionCylinder
              		CollisionHeight=+80.0
              		CollisionRadius=+120.0
              		Translation=(X=-45.0,Y=0.0,Z=-10.0)
              	End Object

VehicleClassPath="A3D_Vehicles.UTVehicle_GolfCart_Content"
              	DrawScale=1.2
              }

Comment

K got it working but it wont finish the compile just crashing on saving package.

Comment

You are supposed to save the .uc file as unicode not ANSI. I think you got that fixed.

According to what i can see from above, you have your .upk file named the same as your .u file. This is causing the error.

Be sure to name these 2 files something completely different. Yours right now: A3D_Vehicles.upk and A3D_Vehicles.u (the file u r trying to compile).

Comment

I don't even have a .u file yet though it crashes on the compile when it tries to save

Comment

This is what i am getting

Comment

it's also trying to make a while new unreal folder in my documents....

Comment

Went ahead and deleted the steam version to see if that was causing issues.

However now it wont compile again.... copied the same folder structure over and everything.

Is there an easier faster way to do this maybe a program that can compile unreal script so I can bypass this whole directory ****?

Comment

its not a steam problem. you're misunderstanding. I'll explain again.
                            You have a file named a3d_vehicles.upk and you r trying to compile a .u file. You can not have a .upk file and a .u file (trying to compile) with the exact same file name. The compilier will crash. Change the name of the .upk or change the name of the .u that you are trying to compile. (I know u don't have a .u file yet)

B4
                            Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Src\a3d_vehicles\Classes

after
                            Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Src\a3dmechs\Classes

Comment

Working...
                            X