config weapon array [Solved]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

config weapon array [Solved]

I'm trying to define a set of weapons in an array but I want to be able to define the weapons in the config .ini

in compiled code
    Code:
    var globalconfig array<type> Weapon;
    in the ini
    Code:
    [test.test]
    Weapon=UTweapon1
    Weapon=UTweapon2
    Weapon=UTweapon3
    Weapon=UTweapon4
    something like that. Is there a way I can do this? I know I cant store a class in a config variable but I was thinking some form of class reference so that the code knows what weapons to give the player in runtime

Would probably have to be a string array and the INI must contain entries in the form "package.classname" - these would be DynamicLoadObject()'d to get the weapon classes.

Comment

Warning: Failed to load 'UTWeapon UTGame.UTWeap_RocketLauncher': Failed to find object 'UTWeapon UTGame.UTWeap_RocketLauncher'
      Code:
      UTW = UTWeapon (DynamicLoadObject("UTGame.UTWeap_RocketLauncher", class'UTWeapon'));
      Cant seem to get this working either it seems like it should work

[Edit]
      I can see I'm doing something stupid, just can't work out how to fix it

Comment

What I'm using atm is:
        Code:
        UTW = UTWeapon (UTPawn(PlayerPawn).CreateInventory(class 'UTWeap_RocketLauncher', false));
        and I want is to make the class 'UTWeap_RocketLauncher' dynamic rather than hadcoded.

Comment

You don't load a UTWeapon instance, you load a class extending UTWeapon. In other words, you need to tell the DLO() function it should look for an object of class'Class' and you have to typecast the result to class<UTWeapon>.

The weapon replacement mutator contains nice examples for this very case.

Comment

Thanks alot, got it working now that I understand DynamicLoadObject(). Ripped apart the mutator code and learned a bit from that too.

Comment

Working...
            X