Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[SOLVED]Beam draws to origin (0,0,0), Online Only?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED]Beam draws to origin (0,0,0), Online Only?

The issue is solved, but I'll leave the issue for any other poor soul having problems killing their beam. Apparently I needed to call:
    Code:
    SetBeamEmitterHidden( UTPawn(Instigator).IsFirstPerson() );
    So I have one last task before my gun is all ready for a beta. I'm drawing a beam to where my projectile impacted some actor/wall. I figured that part out, first person and third. Great. Works fantastic offline.

Yet when I play on a dedicated server, it correctly waits until my projectile hit, draws the beam (so far so good); but when I go to reset the fire/beam, instead of killing the beam like it does offline, it randomly draws the beam to the origin of the map. If I refire, it will redraw it to the new correct location, but again, when I refire, back to the origin...

Offline: beam goes where its supposed to, then beam goes away.
    Online: beam goes where its supposed to, then beam randomly draws itself towards the origin (0,0,0) of the map.

I've tried using everything that remotely looks like it kills the beam (by looking in UTBeamWeapon and checking out the linkgun's code):

Code:
    ClearFlashLocation();
    KillBeamEmitter();
    And just FYI, KillBeamEmitter calls:
    Code:
    BeamEmitter[CurrentFireMode].SetHidden(true);
    BeamEmitter[CurrentFireMode].DeactivateSystem();
    Works offline, doesn't work online.... whhhhyyyyyyyy! Weapon coding has been the most annoying thing ever, especially b/c stuff works offline but not online.

The joys of UT3 Weapon Coding. Why they didnt keep it simple like 04 i will never know

Comment

Working...
    X