Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

Animations = Emote?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Animations = Emote?

While looking around the UTHeroPawn mellee functions the only reference to playing any kind of animation was the PlayEmote() function. Does this mean that specific animations can be played via the script with this functions, I have been lookign for a way to play animations for a while without success

Yes.

There are actually multiple ways to make your pawn animate specific animations.

If you look at our Infernal monster's family info:
    http://code.google.com/p/rbttinvasio...lFamilyInfo.uc

You will notice this line: (or won't... anyway lol)
    FamilyEmotes[19]=(CategoryName="SpecialMove",EmoteTag="ThrowPlasma ",EmoteAnim="hoverboardjumpland",bTopHalfEmote=tru e)

This is a built in animation, but normally it isn't used as an emote. Here I reference to it with "ThrowPlasma" and EmoteAnim is the actual name of the animation (which you can find in the list of animations in the editor)

You can either give your pawn it's own FamilyInfo, or you can somehow add to the FamilyEmotes array by script

Now, onto doing the animation:
    http://code.google.com/p/rbttinvasio...nfernal.uc#137

Line 137 is the function ProjectileFire()
    In there, is called, the function PlayEmote('ThrowPlasma', -1); (LINE 149)
    Tadaa, if you use that he'll do the animation, I actually forgot what the -1 was, and too lazy to look it up, but I'm pretty sure you want to keep it that way.

And ABOVE that PlayEmote() function is a MUCH MORE INTERSTING function!!
    That's the function that PlayEmote() calls! I'm using PlayEmote() for replication reasons, but this function is much more configurable:

FullBodyAnimSlot.PlayCustomAnim('hoverboardjumplan d', 1, 0.2, 0.2, FALSE, TRUE);

Instead of FullBodyAnimSlot, I think you could also use UpperBodyAnimSlot or sumtin, they are all found in the Pawn, or UTPawn class, one of both.

On this page you can find more functions of the sort, which you can call from an animslot:
    http://wiki.beyondunreal.com/UE3:AnimNodeSlot_(UT3)

To use both PlayEmote() or PlayCustomAnim() you NEED an AnimNodeSlot in the AnimTree for your pawn.

I do hope I helped you a bit

Comment

Wow, thats a huge help, thanks so much!!! (I know, multiple ! are stupid )

So will I need to create a seperate family class, thats fine with me, just wondering whether I can specify the emotes in my Pawn class.

Comment

Originally posted by marilol View Post
        Wow, thats a huge help, thanks so much!!! (I know, multiple ! are stupid )

So will I need to create a seperate family class, thats fine with me, just wondering whether I can specify the emotes in my Pawn class.
        You're welcome!

If you use FullBodyAnimSlot.PlayCustomAnim() you don't need a seperate family class, not even to play CUSTOM animations.

All you need to do is put this in your Pawn:
        Code:
        simulated function PostBeginPlay()
        {
        	Mesh.AnimSets[Mesh.AnimSets.Length] = AnimSet'MyPackage.MyAnimSet';
        }
        If you use PlayEmote() you ALSO don't need a seperate family class!
        All you need to do is add another line to the FamilyEmotes array in the FamilyInfo of your pawn. You can do this in PostBeginPlay(). Don't forget to also add the AnimSet if you're using a custom animation

Comment

so this is used when you make a custom animation that you want your character to play when a certain event happens?

Comment

Yes.. guess so!

Comment

Working...
            X