Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

UT3 2.0 Mod Setup

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UT3 2.0 Mod Setup

This is how my mod folders are setup with the new 2.0 patch and the Titan Pack; in case you starting a new mod or needing to update your current project.

Updated 3/12/09

Code:
    - Mod Main Folder
        - Artwork
        - Config
        - Logs
        - Screenshots
        - Shaders
        - Source
             - PackageName
                  + Classes 
        - Splash
             * Splash.BMP
             * EdSplash.BMP
        - Unpublished
             + CustomChars
             + CustomMaps
             + Localization
             + Script
             + Sounds
             + Textures
             + UI
        - Published
             + CustomChars
             + CustomMaps
             + Localization
             + Script
             + Sounds
             + Textures
             + UI

* DirectPlay.exe
        * Editor.exe
        * NormalPlay.exe
        * Rebuild.exe
    DirectPlay.exe
    Code:
    "C:\Program Files\Unreal Tournament 3\Binaries\UT3.exe" DM-CoolLevel?game=PackageName.GameType -useunpublished -mod=..\ModName
    Editor.exe
    Code:
    "C:\Program Files\Unreal Tournament 3\Binaries\UT3.exe" editor -mod=..\ModName
    NormalPlay.exe
    Code:
    "C:\Program Files\Unreal Tournament 3\Binaries\UT3.exe" -useunpublished -mod=..\ModName
    Rebuild.exe
    Code:
    "C:\Program Files\Unreal Tournament 3\Binaries\UT3.exe" make -useunpublished -mod=..\ModName

Nice try but a bit wrong imo. Try to emulate the folder structure of UTGame. The config folder is for .ini files.

Comment

Originally posted by WOLFhellfire View Post
      [...]
      Code:
      [...]
          * DirectPlay.exe
          * Editor.exe
          * NormalPlay.exe
          * Rebuild.exe
      Are these self made or a new feature? Still downloading..

Edit: when do you think they will release the ScriptSource_2.0?

Comment

Originally posted by Jetfire View Post
        Nice try but a bit wrong imo. Try to emulate the folder structure of UTGame. The config folder is for .ini files.
        I thought the same thing until I looked at my folders after I played UT3. I tried to build my mod and it would not work so I checked the files and sure enough. UT3 decided to put all my .u files inside the config folder.

Originally posted by Drifa View Post
        Are these self made or a new feature? Still downloading..
        I made the .exe files myself to make modding a bit easier. I decompiled the source already but we all know how that goes. The source probably wont be released for awhile if you take in account for how long the others took to come out.

Comment

You probably have '-mod = ..\xgame\config' in your make etc. Remove the \config, it's not needed now.

Comment

That certainly would be a reason why I had to put the source in the config.
            I'll go ahead and change that.

Comment

Did anyone have an issue where your player could no longer fire when your custom TC is loaded. I all of a sudden can not fire in game but I can in the editor its the weirdest thing.

Comment

Delete your UTInput.ini and let it make a new one.

Comment

I had some remaining config file stuff from the 1.3 build of Unreal Demolition that interfered as well, so surf through your configs and get rid of excess crap.

Comment

Originally posted by Angel_Mapper View Post
                    Delete your UTInput.ini and let it make a new one.
                    Add a +1 to your awesomeness...

Comment

My Q. isn't exactly Mod Setup, but it is related, due to the fact it's trying to compile a custom gametype for a Mod, which now uses 2.0.

The gametype compiled fine under 1.3, and the folder structure (which of course is that of the mods) is set up in the same manner as UT3 (folder name for folder name).

Naturally I have my source in the Src folder of the Mods root directory (NbGame).

I've edited the ini files thusly:

DefaultEditor:

[ModPackages]
                      ModPackagesInPath=..\NbGame\Src
                      ModOutputDir=..\NbGame\Unpublished\CookedPC\Script
                      ModPackages=NbLowLevel
                      ModPackages=NightbladeMod
                      ModPackages=NbAI
                      ModPackages=NbCoDGame

DefaultEngine:

[Editor.EditorEngine]
                      ;+EditPackages=NbLowLevel
                      ;+EditPackages=NightbladeMod
                      ;+EditPackages=NbAI
                      ;+EditPackages=NbCoDGame
                      InEditorGameURLOptions=?game=nightblademod.nbgamei nfo?quickstart=1?numplay=1

This is how it was for 1.3 and compiled fine, now however on it trying to compile NbCoDGame (my gametype - all other files are the Mods own) it complains about not being able to find the superclasses for all my .uc files.

If I however remove the ; from the +EditP... lines, it reaches whichever EditP... is first in the list (by default this is as you see above, but I did try re-arranging things to see the result) then ut3 make crashes, and the launch.log file shows it can't find the packages NbLowLevel.u etc, which it was quite happy about finding with 1.3.

I'm rather confused as to why it can no longer find my packages in the jump from 1.3 to 2.0, so any suggestions?

*Edit: One thing I have noticed is when it fails with the superclass errors, where the program finishes without crashing (but also without compiling) it creates a scripts folder in Unpublished, rather than use the unpub>cookedpc>scripts folder.

Thanks, Chief

Comment

CookedPC no longer exists within the mod directory. It's just Published\<content folders> or Unpublished\<content folders>. That should fix your problem (at least it did for me).

Comment

Thanks, the newly released update to the mod still retains CookedPC, however I pmed their coder and he gave me advice that got me there

Had to copy the mods unpublished script files to the ProgramFiles UT3 cookedpc folder, and modify the non-default inis slightly.

But it works and that's the main thing.

Shame about the few errors that have cropped up, ah well it never rains...

Chief

Comment

It is quite a shame that we cant help everyone, but i suggest you give my tutorial a walk through, it works fine, and it has nothing to do witht he programfiles directory. I have tested it personally and have only had a couple issues, specifically relating to the configuration files loading redundant items. It loads everything fine.

Comment

this completely breaks all my paths for packages as there seems to be no packages folder anymore.
                              its now split between sounds shaders and textures

Comment

Working...
                              X