Removing unwanted menu options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Removing unwanted menu options

This is a TC question. I know its possible to remove dataprovider options with a '-' in the default.ini's, but is there a way to remove the dataprovider itself? I'm wanting to remove the UT gametypes, some of their keybindings and options. If not, do I need to remove them in the menu or make my own dataproviders?

The simplest and easiest way to do it is to copy UT3's DefaultGame.ini from the installation directory's config folder into your mod's config folder, remove all the unneeded entries and add your own. As the ini's "BasedOn" entry will is set to BaseGame.ini, you won't be getting any of UT3's stuff added in unless you want it. Infact I'd recommend using copies of UT3's Default ini files for all your mods Default ini's and editting to your needs as this will give you absolute control over what's going in your ini files.

Comment

I hope nobody minds me reviving this. I followed what Alex D has said here. I have added in my own [SWA.SWAPlayerInput] section and changed the default key bindings to what I need. But every time I load the game to test it out everything in that section gets replaced with defaults from somewhere else. Any ideas?

Comment

Working...
      X