Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

UnrealScript Studio: IDE for UnrealScript 3

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Madgobbo View Post
    But you have to buy it.
    but according to: Note: Regarding forum rule #6: There is no commercial offering for this product. As an offering to the mod community, the IDE is developed as freeware under a strict condition that it be used for non-commercial purposes only.
    you can't use their version for commercial game either..
    I'm all for a good IDE, used WOTGreal since I was doing the superteam keybinder in UT99/TO, and have been using it with the development of Roadkillwarriors/to-crossfire, it does have it's quircks, but there was no other good replacement IMHO.. it was the VB6 IDE for Unreal (VB6 IDE was the best (with the help of MZTools3) IDE Ever, visual studio .NET still has to get up to that level IMHO..).. The only thing I didn't like about WOTGreal was not being able to have all seperate windows (like in VB6 NON-MDI mode), I never liked MDI for development, especially with dual monitors..

Comment

Not available yet - one of the devs (who happens to make the installer) had to leave town for a day, but said he'd try to get the build ready for Monday.

Comment

If you already have the Standard or Professional edition of either Visual Studio 2005 or Visual Studio 2008 installed, you don't need to follow the first step of the installation. Step 1 is a one-time install for the Visual Studio 2008 Shell, which is basically Visual Studio without support for C++, C#, etc. After you install this once, you can skip this install in the future (unless otherwise stated at that time) for any UnrealScript language updates.

The UnrealScript language support is installed by UnrealPackageSetup-0.9.0.13840.msi, where 0.9 indicates that this release is a beta for our first full version.

http://pixelminegames.com/unrealeditor.aspx

Comment

woot!
          (10chars)

Comment

A new build (0.9.0.13937) is available now, problem with creating a project is fixed! It works fine for me now

Comment

This is extremely promising! However, the installation aborts with the following error code:

Installation failed with error code: (0x80070643)

I googled the error message. Might be connected to a variety of factors, including .NET 3.5 SP1, Vista SP1 (I'm not even sure I have either of these SPs) or the fact that I have Visual C# 2008 Express installed.

Any chance of making this work with Visual C# 2008 Express?

Comment

I don't think the Express line supports plugins.

Comment

Just throwing another vote in there for a commercial version. I do a lot of Unreal engine contracting and I won't use any program that isn't either free for commercial purposes or available for license.

Comment

Originally posted by Angel_Mapper View Post
                    Just throwing another vote in there for a commercial version. I do a lot of Unreal engine contracting and I won't use any program that isn't either free for commercial purposes or available for license.
                    You should check the release notes for build 14416
                    http://forums.pixelminegames.com/ind...showtopic=2184

Comment

Well then. How much and give it to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Funkenstein View Post
                        Any idea when we can get our hands on this and try it? ^^

Also will there be a class hierarchy view like in wotgreal? That is probably my favorite feature and if its missing that would be sad.
                        OMG I finally got Filter To Type working in Class View.

If you right click > Filter To Type on the Object class in Class View, you get the Hierarchy view you refer to.

It took a lot of experimenting with hardly-documented things in VS to get it working, so I'll be testing it and reviewing my changes before posting the build. Hopefully tomorrow though!

Sidenote: Filter To Type is a built-in ability of Visual Studio's Class View window, as are the Base Types and Derived Types folders. The Base/Derived Types folders are supposed to show as they do here, as that's the long-established expected behavior of Visual Studio's Class View window.

Comment

I reinstalled Windows and now my earlier problem is gone. From what I googled, I believe the problem was known and related to a combination of Visual Studio and certain Windows updates. It probably had nothing to do with the UnrealScript Studio stuff.

I would like to get busy using this stuff but I don't know where to start. I'm not new to UnrealScript, it's just that I can't find any "beginner" information on this utility either here or on the pixelmine website. I looked around several times but I'm still lost. I'm referring to stuff like (but not limited to)...
                          • Where do I begin?
                          • What do I install?
                          • What is SamTools and why would I install it?
                          • How do I set up a HelloWorld project?
                          • What can I do with this utility and what can I not do with it? Can I use it to code a vehicle or mutator, for instance?
                          • Does this utility compile the code or do I still need to use one of the UT3 exes for that?

Comment

I'm actively working on this:

http://wiki.pixelminegames.com/index...ipt_Editor_FAQ

Until it's finished, the easiest way to see a sure-fire set of steps to get up and running on a "HelloWorld" project is the video I made.

Comment

How exactly do I set this up to work/look like what you have in the screenshots (Class View screenshot in post 7/post 41, and the IntelliSense in post 7)? I've got the Class View window, but it's as good as blank (only showing one class that I currently have open, and it's cycling through things infinitely i.e.)
                              Code:
                              UnrealScript Library -> Shotgun -> Base types -> UTWeap_FlakCannon -> Derived Types -> Shotgun -> Base Types
                              and it continues on like that...

I read the sticky on setting up IntelliSense for a .ucproj, but the whole concept of the .ucproj thing is really confusing to me right now, so I just open each .uc file individually - is there anyway to set up IntelliSense for individual .uc files (or to set it up so that it works for all .uc files)?

(I would ask at the PixelMine forums, but I haven't got any response from the posting rights request I sent )

Comment

Originally posted by FL4R3 View Post
                                How exactly do I set this up to work/look like what you have in the screenshots (Class View screenshot in post 7/post 41, and the IntelliSense in post 7)? I've got the Class View window, but it's as good as blank (only showing one class that I currently have open, and it's cycling through things infinitely i.e.)
                                Code:
                                UnrealScript Library -> Shotgun -> Base types -> UTWeap_FlakCannon -> Derived Types -> Shotgun -> Base Types
                                and it continues on like that...

I read the sticky on setting up IntelliSense for a .ucproj, but the whole concept of the .ucproj thing is really confusing to me right now, so I just open each .uc file individually - is there anyway to set up IntelliSense for individual .uc files (or to set it up so that it works for all .uc files)?
                                The UnrealScript Project (.ucproj) files are a way to let the editor know 2 things: which files are in your mod ("project"), and which files are provided by Epic as "Reference Source". The IntelliSense engine goes based on the files it knows about, which includes the files you open manually plus the files in whatever project you have open. By setting up a UC Project, you let the editor know to gather IntelliSense information for all 2500 .uc files provided by Epic. The Class View, etc., that I posted was available after I opened one of those projects.

To create a .ucproj, just go to File > New > Project, give it a name (due to a temporary limitation, it should be the name of your mod) and location. After it's open, you can add your .uc files to it (for IntelliSense for your mod) and set the Reference Source location (for IntelliSense for Epic's files).

I really need to get screenshots of the setup process posted on the Wiki, but I don't have permissions to upload files right now.

Originally posted by FL4R3 View Post
                                (I would ask at the PixelMine forums, but I haven't got any response from the posting rights request I sent )
                                I'll see to it that this is attended to.

Comment

Working...
                                X