Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

Tutorial: Custom Mid Game Menu

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question?

Is there any way we can extend UTUIScene_MidGameMenu class so we can add our code? Or can we do this another way?

Comment

Superb tutorial. Everything worked for me. I also succeeded in changing the background, but what I'm interested in is changing the red background panel which holds all the information. I found the image in the UI_scenes_common package and copied it into my own package, but that didn't work. Do I have to include code? Or do I have to make my own widget? How do you do that anyways? I'll be posting my results soon.

Comment

how do I know if this would work on PS3? I suppose it wouldn't right now...

Comment

Can this save any settings you change and automatically reload them next time you play the level?

Ideally I'd like to do it with an ini file or something, but not sure if that's possible. It's just to control the visibility and collision of objects without having to go into the editor.

Comment

Originally posted by FourEyes View Post
            Having a problem at step 10 as xTestMidGamePanel don't show up.

Have tried with both the script I wrote following this tutorial and the downloaded one. I also use -nohomedir, but I doubt it makes a difference as the editor finds complains about scripts being outdated when I have changed to the downloaded script.

anyone know why this might be?
            I am also having trouble getting this step to work; I've tried

f:\games\ut3\binaries\UT3.exe editor

as well as

F:\games\UT3\Binaries\UT3.exe editor -useunpublished

to no avail. It does compile without any warnings or errors though, and I do have: MidGameMenuMod.u as well as UTMidGameMenuMod.ini and UTMidGameMenuModData.ini being generated and placed properly.

Comment

could we possibly get a tutorial on creating and customizing UIscenes? I done about 2 so far and still am puzzled about how some of the properties work and how to achieve certain tasks with it.

Comment

Originally posted by FourEyes View Post
                Having a problem at step 10 as xTestMidGamePanel don't show up.

Have tried with both the script I wrote following this tutorial and the downloaded one. I also use -nohomedir, but I doubt it makes a difference as the editor finds complains about scripts being outdated when I have changed to the downloaded script.

anyone know why this might be?

In xTestMidGamePanel.uc, on the second (third) line, there is extra spaces between the ellipses. Removing the extra spaces enabled me to see xTestMidGamePanel in the editor.

use:
                Code:
                class xTestMidGamePanel extends UTTabPage;

event bool ActivatePage(int PlayerIndex, bool bActivate, optional bool bTakeFocus=true)
                {
                    `log("[XCTFGame] - Our Page is Active");
                    return Super.ActivatePage(PlayerIndex, bActivate, bTakeFocus);
                }
                instead of :
                Code:
                class xTestMidGamePanel extends UTTabPage;

event bool ActivatePage( int PlayerIndex, bool bActivate, optional bool bTakeFocus=true )
                {
                    `log("[XCTFGame] - Our Page is Active");
                    return Super.ActivatePage(PlayerIndex, bActivate, bTakeFocus);
                }

Comment

Hi! Thank you for the tutorial. It's working fine for me. For the people who can't make it work remember to apply patch 1.4, i forgot to and that made me waste a day of work

Comment

is it possible to run functions from other classes from the tab page?

meaning if I wanted my tab page to run a function in my controller class, is it possible?

if so how do I go about aquiring the instigator that opened up the menu? anything will do controller, pawn, pri anything i can use to get to the controller class ...

Comment

figured it out, for anyone else wondering here is the code i used:

Code:
                          local UTPlayerController UTPC;
                          local UTUIScene UTSceneOwner;

UTSceneOwner = UTUIScene(GetScene());

UTPC = UTSceneOwner.GetUTPlayerOwner();
                      you can navigate to any class from there

Comment

I get a crash whenever i run the mod using the unpublished command line, havnt tried copying over to published though i doubt thatll help.

Comment

As for the UIScenes in the main menu, I've been able to replace some of them with custom ones, but many seem to be hard-linked to default pages (which have missing textures and look really ugly BTW) through what would seem to be the .exe file. For example, I can't replace or modify the advanced video settings or the mutators tab pages/scenes using any combination of UnrealScript, ini's and int's. Every time I reference one of the scenes I've created, the game overrides my code and replaces it with the default one in either UIScenes_FrontEnd or UIScenes_ChrisBLayout.

Comment

Hi,
                            I see that there haven't been any new post for a long time here; is that because it's outdated or because it works?
                            Because I actually followed this tut, and in didn't work entirely for me: when I launch my game and open the MidGameMenu, I can see the newly created tabs and can click on them, but it looks like they never get the focus, as the display remains the same (meaning the Scoreboard). I checked in the ActivatePage(), but bActivate = true so I don't see why it's not working.
                            Any ideas?

Comment

Sorry, but I'm need help with the game unreal tournament 99'. the warrior walks to everywhere but forward not, the key W does not work, how I can fix it? I believe that something is not configured , but i don't know how to fix it. Thanks man.

Comment

Working...
                              X