Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

What programs are you coding in?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What programs are you coding in?

Is anyone programming using software that does more than just syntax highlighting? I was familiar with WOTgreal in UT2004, but it's not yet ready for UT3. I'm looking for something more than just changing colors as I type.

Notepad++
    Supports C# highlighting.

Comment

Visual Studio also works for highlighting, but I was wondering if anyone is currently coding with more than just highlighting?

Comment

I am using ActiveState's "Komodo Edit" for a lot of different coding tasks (not just UnrealScript).

It has various syntax highlighting modes, keybinding options (even emacs bindings!). You can easily create macros/tasks in a "toolbox" that launch external programs or various other things.

For instance, I launch "ut3 make -f -useunpublished 2>&1" and komodo can parse the output such that errors/warnings show up in a list below the edit window - clicking on them brings you to that file and line number, etc.

I thought I saw/heard something WRT to Eclipse support for UnrealScript. IDE's are not my cup of tea so I haven't checked it out but I think Eclipse has to be once of the nicest such dev environments that exists (its really much more than an IDE...).

Comment

Notepad (bla bla bla why does this thing need 10 characters)

Comment

Notepad ftw

Comment

I used to use Notepad, but I moved on to Notepad++ for its tabbed interface and syntax highlighting. I still feel attached to Notepad though (is that unhealthy?).

Comment

I'm currently using WOTgreal to edit and the Unreal Frontend (Unreal Tournament 3\Binaries\UnrealFrontend.exe) to run the make for me. Works very nicely for now.

Comment

Textpad with an updated UScript syntax file

Comment

I'm using Context. Has a downloadable UScript highlighter, and definable hotkeys for different file extensions, so I can setup Visual Studio-esque hotkeys for build, run, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by bushbomb View Post
                      Visual Studio also works for highlighting
                      Are you using any of its other features or just the tabs and the highlighting? Which VS is that? .NET 2005 Express? How do you set up VS for highlighting anyway?

Comment

I use ConTEXT with UEDScript highlighter for scripting.

http://www.context.cx/

Comment

I use Context and its highlighter, too.

@Xyx: Look HERE.

Comment

Thanks for the link. So... only c++ highlighting, eh? Too bad. ConTEXT lets me expand the list of keywords manually, which I did so quite extensively.

If anyone is interested in my ConTEXT highlighter file, PM me and I'll host it.

Comment

WOTgreal, and a custom batch file to compile.

Comment

Working...
                              X