Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

UT3 Source Code.....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UT3 Source Code.....

Using UDE and doing Export All Scripts under the Actors is what I did. It appears the classes are all exported and I was able to build a good class tree through WOTgreal Dev version.

The problem is that a lot of the code is Omitted for a lack of a better word. It looks like all the classes are exported, but some of the important files only seem to have a couple lines of code when there is clearly a lot of things that are programmed in it. Yes, there's enough to work with, but a lot of what I need to see how some of the UT2004 code would be changed to UT3 isn't in there. With UT2004 the downloaded source code seemed to be complete letting me understand how to make additions to my own mods.

Am I missing something or do you guys have the same results?

I exported all scripts in tact after I installed the patch(es). I couldn't get it to fully export with the unpatched retail version.

Comment

I'm on the version 1.1 patch and it says it exports all, but there appears to be a lot of code not inside some of the *.uc files on purpose. I have some examples, but the computer I code on is off at the house.

Comment

I'd be willing to bet that the classes you're talking about simply have a lot of blank lines just after the class declaration, and that you didn't see that you could scroll down.

Comment

There are quite a few spots in the .uc code that are commented out and redacted because it was originally written in cpp. In order to be any more specific or helpful i would need to see an example of one of these files.

// (cpptext)

Comment

Originally posted by Bob_Gneu View Post
            There are quite a few spots in the .uc code that are commented out and redacted because it was originally written in cpp. In order to be any more specific or helpful i would need to see an example of one of these files.

// (cpptext)
            that's what I see. For example, Interaction.uc is like so....

Code:
            /**
             * Copyright 1998-2007 Epic Games, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
             */
            class Interaction extends UIRoot
            	native(UserInterface)
            	transient;

// (cpptext)
            // (cpptext)
            // (cpptext)
            // (cpptext)
            // (cpptext)
            // (cpptext)
            // (cpptext)
            // (cpptext)
            // (cpptext)
            // (cpptext)
            // (cpptext)
            // (cpptext)
            and a lot of (cpptext) lines later there is a few little functions at the end.

Comment

Yes, this is normal. its to tease you.

It was written in cpp to increase speed.

Comment

Indeed. The previous versions of UT also didn't export 'everything' that was in the scripts.
                Epic also released an 'official' version of the scripts.

Keep in mind that you should never have to edit those files directly. It is an OOP so you can just subclass anything that needs changes. You'll only run into problems if you need to get at the core-classes, but chances are that you aren't following Epic's way of thinking or it simply is impossible as it requires native support.

Comment

I just want example code really. The public release of the UT2004 Source codes had a lot more useful information to Guide us than the current exported script in my opinion.

Comment

no way, there are tons of uscript examples in there.
                    2k3/2k4 had the same.

Comment

Also look at the 'test-classes' that are in the code already.
                      They show how to use a few of the new features like interfaces ...

More documentation does help though, I'll have to agree but I also know how difficult it is to keep your code documented as it is a lot of work for something you don't expect to need yourself.

Comment

The official scripts are a much better place to get your source from, since you dont get all the ObjectArchetype garbage that you get form the exported ones.

Comment

What do you mean by "The official scripts" ?

Comment

Originally posted by Bob_Gneu View Post
                            What do you mean by "The official scripts" ?
                            released by epic games and not just exported with the editor.

Comment

Do you have a link? How are these ones that are released by epic more official than the ones that we explort from their packages?

Comment

Working...
                              X