How to replace UTScoreboardPanel.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to replace UTScoreboardPanel.

Does perhaps anyone know how I can replace UTScoreboardPanel with a different one (with a server side Mutator/MOD)?

I noticed UTInput.ini seems to refer to UTGame.UTScoreboardPanel with WidgetInputAliases, which is probably derived from the defaults in UIInputConfiguration.uc. Is there some trick to replace this in the clients memory? The class definition says "An instance of this class is never actually created, since it is only used as a storage location for UI input mappings." which seems to imply there is no actual object in memory which I can modify. Does UTUITabPage_Scoreboard.uc do something I might (ab)use for this?

The scoreboards are UI scenes that are referenced by the HUD. You'd have to make your new panel, create a UI scene that uses it, then make a HUD subclass that uses it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mysterial View Post
      The scoreboards are UI scenes that are referenced by the HUD. You'd have to make your new panel, create a UI scene that uses it, then make a HUD subclass that uses it.
      Thank you for your help. I got a custom HUD working now by subclassing UTHUD and calling ClientSetHUD in the proper PlayerController. I tested this and it properly replaces the HUD.

I also have been able to uncook UI_Scenes_Scoreboards and derive new UI Scenes from it.

I have not yet been able to figure out how to get the new HUD to use the new UI Scene though. Based on how the existing HUD works I assumed it should be a matter of changing the value in ScoreboardSceneTemplate since this refers to the scenes in UI_Scenes_Scoreboards. However if I change this value it keeps using the default UI Scene.

I also decompiled the Slaughterhouse gametype you made and your SlaughterHUD seems to set ScoreboardSceneTemplate to None. Yet it shows the proper UI Scene.

What am I doing wrong, how do I get my custom HUD to use the custom UI Scene I made?

Comment

Originally posted by BattleMode View Post
        I also have been able to uncook UI_Scenes_Scoreboards and derive new UI Scenes from it.
        See the sticky in the level editing forum.

I have not yet been able to figure out how to get the new HUD to use the new UI Scene though. Based on how the existing HUD works I assumed it should be a matter of changing the value in ScoreboardSceneTemplate since this refers to the scenes in UI_Scenes_Scoreboards. However if I change this value it keeps using the default UI Scene.
        Where are you looking? Unfortunately, the midgame menu tab uses a different scene than the one that appears when you press F1.

I also decompiled the Slaughterhouse gametype you made and your SlaughterHUD seems to set ScoreboardSceneTemplate to None. Yet it shows the proper UI Scene.
        It probably didn't load the content correctly, that is what I changed to hook up the high score panel.

Comment

See the sticky in the level editing forum.
          I already did, that is how I knew how to uncook it. That part worked.

Where are you looking? Unfortunately, the midgame menu tab uses a different scene than the one that appears when you press F1.
          I just play the game and press F1. Where do I define the scene that appears in that case?

It probably didn't load the content correctly, that is what I changed to hook up the high score panel.
          How exactly did you change that?

Comment

I GOT IT WORKING !!! My first custom UTScoreboardPanel is operational. The toughest part was figuring out how to make a custom UI Scene in the UT3 editor that was connected to my custom UTScoreBoardPanel. At some point I discovered you can cut and paste UI Scenes from the UT3 Editor to notepad and vice versa allowing me to discover all the (nested) properties, their relations and how to manipulate them. They sure didn't make this easy.

Thank you again for your help, the information you provided was enough to get it all working.

Comment

Working...
            X