mutator config

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mutator config

I was hoping to find a small example of setting up a mutator config screen. Nothing advanced, just a textbox & label.

The only mutator I really have to work with at this point as reference is the WeaponReplacement mutator. In it's declaration in UTGame.ini, it uses

Code:
    UIConfigScene=UI_Scenes_Mutators.Scenes.WeaponReplacement
    , however, I am having trouble locating exactly where the config scene would be. Any help would be great!

Thanks!

Originally posted by kisk View Post
    I was hoping to find a small example of setting up a mutator config screen. Nothing advanced, just a textbox & label.

The only mutator I really have to work with at this point as reference is the WeaponReplacement mutator. In it's declaration in UTGame.ini, it uses

Code:
    UIConfigScene=UI_Scenes_Mutators.Scenes.WeaponReplacement
    , however, I am having trouble locating exactly where the config scene would be. Any help would be great!

Thanks!
    I think UTUIFrontEnd_WeaponReplacementMenu.uc might be what you are looking for. This is where the UTUIFrontEnd_WeaponReplacementMenu class is defined.

Comment

Yes, I had found it. Working on a few configs atm. Thanks.

Comment

Ok, have my config screen setup and ready to go, however I can't get the config screen to show up after clicking the 'configure' button.

I'm thinking my problem is in the ini file @ the UIConfigScene=

Not sure what to use for custom config scenes, tried a large combination and couldn't get any to work..

Tried:

UI_Scenes_Mutators.Scenes.[MyMutator]
        UI_Scenes_Mutators.Scenes.[ConfigClassName]
        [MyMutator].Scenes.[ConfigClassName]

.. and about 20 other combinations with others. Anyone got any insight?

Comment

You'll need to make your own custom UI Scene and save it out. Do so by right clicking in the generic browser and selecting New UI Scene. Double-click to bring up a pretty complex editor, from there you're on your own :\

Comment

Custom UI scene? For a config box?

You have got to be kidding me.

Comment

Yep.. it's all a big joke on Mystikal :P
              Can anyone write up a quick tutorial on the steps required for this? Anyone get it working yet?

Comment

I'm 80% there.. just need to figure out how to hook up the values.

Comment

Post some example code+UIConfigScene=? if you get it working.

Comment

Working...
                  X