Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DefaultProperties and var config

A question about "var config" variables and DefaultProperties:

I have a UTMutator subclass that is defined with "config(Game)". This means it probably stores its configuration in UTGame.ini. This class contains a "var config array<string>".

If I place a few settings which should be used by default (i.e. if the server admin didn't manually specify them in the UTGame.ini) into the defaultproperties block, MakeCommandlet begins flailing:

Warning, Import failed for 'FlagEnabledVehicleClasses': property is config (Check to see if the property is listed in the DefaultProperties. It should only be listed in the specific .ini/.int file)

How can I still specify a default value for this array? The .int files tend to be used for localized text and I don't want to use an external .ini file, nor do I want to have to fill the UTGame.ini before being able to do anything.

(The choice to use the UTGame.ini instead of a standalone config file relates to the dedicated server's current lack of support for custom-chosen config files. That way, all servers started on one machine must have a common set of FlagEnabledVehicleClasses. If the next dedicated server patch supports custom config directory paths, consider this problem moot.)

Thanks in advance!

The first patch will fix this issue.

Comment

Working...
    X