Trying to install and get stuck at "computing space requirements"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trying to install and get stuck at "computing space requirements"

I had to reinstall Windows 7 on this machine (had UT3 on it before) due to a dual boot issue. I reinstalled windows, it's a fresh install, there's nothing crazy going on this machine, it's very basic. For whatever reason it refuses to install UT3 even though it's installed before. The installation starts then gets to "computing space requirements" and it just freezes there. I have 64GB of free space on my SSD.

How can I make this work? I had it working on this machine before, I really don't get why it would choose to not work this time when the machine is exactly what it was before. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Ok after many tries it eventually went through, but it stayed there for a good 20 minutes because I had given up and went to do something else then suddenly the install started.

Now I'm getting an issue when trying to install the gamespy patch. I get an error that Wxmsw262u.dll is not found. What's a safe place to get that file? I don't want to download it from any random site. Also I installed UT3 patch 5, am I suppose to install all the other ones too?

Edit: Got it working, found another version of the patch and that one worked.

Comment

Same problem on a reinstall, thanks for the heads up Red

Comment

Working...
      X