Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UT3 Domination final troubles! Please help

Hi Everyone

I don't know if there is a thread already on this topic but anyway the first problem I am having with UT3 domination is that whenever I change bots in the bot roster it doesn't take affect. Is this intended to happen or not?

My second problem which is a lot worse is that during a domination match with bots the game crashed.

I was playing with 4 teams max 12 players/bots.

i tested offline, single domination mode, (~but not double~) after your initial post (in the other thread), sorry i forgot to reply.
    i have "always load custom bots" if that helps and server has no custom bot cap
    • tested with a brand new skeleton mesh export from 3ds max, made the custom char ini etc and my bot showed up next round.
    • as for the crash you need a "-log" cmd at the end of your "UT3.exe" shorcut, or a log file if it got that far.... for people to help you further, i think this was also mentioned previously.

Comment

Okay, heres the log. Don't know if it will be very helpful though.
      Attached Files

Comment

With the custom character bots they work for the gametypes that come with the game. It is just ut3 dom doesn't get rid of any bots you removed or added in the setup of the match. I will try a few matches later and post the beginning of the logs to show you what I mean and some with always load custom bots as you said.

As for the crashing it only happened in double domination and I had 4 teams with translocator and relic madness mutator enabled. It happened with about 1 min to go.

Comment

I played some more ut3 double domination matches a while ago. I tried a match with always load custom bots option and there was no problems there. Although I tried another match and I disabled that option and random bots were still getting loaded so it didn't take affect in the next ut3 dom match. There is definitely some issue with bot register refreshing in ut3 domination gametypes. It didn't crash again when I was play the matches. Have you looked at the log file I posted yet?

Comment

You should try the latest UT3DOM version which is version 5.0 (and not 3.1 as seen in your log file).
            https://forums.epicgames.com/threads...1#post30843477

Comment

You mean version 2.0 right?
              Domination was part of CBP3 Volume 3, which had 2 releases.
              The up-to-date one being: "cbp3_volume3_zip_v2"

#v5 was for PS3
              Just trying to help avoid confusing this person

Comment

I am downloading it now from http://chireiden.torlan.ru/files/UT3Dom5/. Is that the correct link? File is UT3Dom5_Setup.zip. There is also a patch for it. Page one of https://forums.epicgames.com/threads...1#post30843477 has UT3dom version 3.1.1.

Comment

Yes, use that v5 version of that link. The thread isn't updated. The patch is for a map. Install it after v5.

@TKBS:
                  Don't confuse people. V5 is not for PS3 only. It has PS3 support and it is for both platforms - PC and PS3.

Also CBP3 Volume 3 had UT3DOM included but not the full version.
                  Originally posted by CBP3 Volume 3 UT3DOM
                  Information: This is a trimmed down version of the full UT3Dom mod, which is still fully compatible with the full version. The difference is that this one only adds "classic" Domination to the gametypes in the menu. The full version, available on the website, includes Double Domination and includes a large quantity of levels.

Comment

DOWNLOAD CBP3: Volume 4 Version 2

Please note: UT3 Patch 5 (2.1) and the Titan Pack are required for this volume.

PC - updated 21 Jan 2011

Zip Archive (cbp3_volume4__v2_zip.zip - 572MB):
                    Download from ModDB
                    Download from Gamefront

Installer
                    Sorry, no installer for this volume.

PS3 - updated 21 Jan 2011

Note - this has now been updated to Domination V5!
                    From your PC, download the zipped install file from Gamefront, unzip to your memory stick, and install on your PS3 from there.

Comment

you know if its the right file because you have to manually edit the ini files to get DblDom in list
                      -- Also the info i read was from their website

- im not confusing anyone - you are with your initial post

- i know this because as soon as i read it it sounded wrong, i checked THE WEBSITE and boom there you go
                      -- no information on the CBP3 website corresponds to what you initially posted.. Hence the confusion.

instead of re-jiggling words and typing stuff to flip information or attack me
                      - Just simply read and post the correct information from the Author's that created it, then you will not risk confusing anyone

p.s.
                      i cannot see that you even bothered testing it so whats your beef ?

Comment

Do you actually know that UT3DOM is a separated mop and existed before CBP3 packaged it with their content. Why were you even refering to CBP3 when the op didn't mentioned it with 1 word.

UT3DOM v5 is the full version which does not need any fix to properly play it. It has DoubleDom enabled. CBP3 has the trimmed down version.

There are also problems with the cooked maps of older UT3DOM versions.

Comment

is forcing off seamless travel still advisable for this mod?

Comment

I installed UT3DOM v5 and it doesn't fix the bot refresh issue for Double Domination. I uninstalled Domination now. I downloaded the CBP3: Volume 4 Version 2 and am going to install and try that next. I will let you know more later.

Comment

Originally posted by UTCollector88 View Post
                              Hi Everyone

I don't know if there is a thread already on this topic but anyway the first problem I am having with UT3 domination is that whenever I change bots in the bot roster it doesn't take affect. Is this intended to happen or not?

My second problem which is a lot worse is that during a domination match with bots the game crashed.

I was playing with 4 teams max 12 players/bots.
                              I am the one who wrote the code for the UT3Dom mod and I thought I had fixed all the bugs in the mod, but now you have found one. I just tested the bot list and you are right, UT3Dom does not seem to use the bots you have selected. I am sorry but this is a issue that will never be fixed, for UT3Dom version 5 is the final and last version.
                              Each new version is not compatible with prior versions, and its not easy to get map authors to recook their maps to a newer version. And that brings up another issue, mixing versions of UT3Dom is not recomended, and almost allways will result in UT3 crashing. UT3Dom version 5 is the latest version and installing a older version (less than 5) over version 5 will almost certainly cause the mod to crash.

The correct order to install UT3Dom:
                              1. Install version 5 (UT3Dom5_Setup or UT3Dom5_WinSetup)
                              2. then install the update patch for version 5 (UT3Dom5_Patch)
                              3. (Optional) Install/update any additional version 5 UT3Dom maps

I dont remember if the CBP maps cooked with version 5 was ever publicly released...

Comment

Working...
                              X