Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

Quick guide to install the GameSpy patch

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quick guide to install the GameSpy patch

Here's a quick installation quide for the GameSpy patch.

Video demonstration (Link)

Text tutorial
    1. Patch your UT3 game to the latest game patch (Patch5 / v2.1)
    2. Download the patch UT3PatchGS_21.exe
    3. If a security warning pops up, continue with "Run"

4. The next window will show the patcher.

Click "Accept"
    5. The patch will be extracted to the Windows temporary folder

6. If you have User-Access-Control enabled, a popup will follow forcing you to allow the execution of the patch.

Click "Yes"
    7. After allowing the execution, the EULA will popup. You have to accept the conditions listed there (Note: They are the same as all previous patches)

Click "Accept"
    8. The next step will try to locate your UT3 folder. If a valid folder is found, you will be faced the following window. Otherwise skip this step and continue with the following step choosing the UT3 install location manually.

If this path is correct, click "Yes" and ship the next step (which is only for choosing the install location manually)
    9. If UT3 cannot be found at first, the patching process will show a message and the automated patch process will abort. You have to manually choose the install location

10. After the patch process is done, a window will pop up saying the game is successfully patch.

11. The patch is now properly installed.

Note: You can use all the existing shortcuts to start the game.

Please visit the official thread, if you have problems with the patch itself (like crashes etc.).
    If you forgot your password, you can look at this thread for quick instructions how to reset your password.

As always Rattle, You Are The Man. Thank you.
    You deserve at least 100 of these >

Comment

The "patch" should have been an exe from the start. Most people have no clue where to put the file or even how to find the right folder. It's all pretty frustrating. I've helped several of our players install the new exe & lost a lot of hair in the process! Thanks for making this post. Hopefully it will help.

Comment

I did the install thing with the patch, then it asked sometimes ''You need permisson to this'' i just clicked skip over. It said 'Succesfull patched'' but somehow i didnt need to register a new login, and cant still go in and play on UT3x Best Maps server.. I only have 3 servers open as favourite. Jolt, ErL and USSR Server.. All is 9999ping. What the hell is wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by iskadogZ|Hero_raIS View Post
          I did the install thing with the patch, then it asked sometimes ''You need permisson to this'' i just clicked skip over. It said 'Succesfull patched'' but somehow i didnt need to register a new login, and cant still go in and play on UT3x Best Maps server.. I only have 3 servers open as favourite. Jolt, ErL and USSR Server.. All is 9999ping. What the hell is wrong?
          You need to be logged into your computer as administrator. Windows 7 (& I'm assuming 8) will NOT let you install ANY patch without being on the administrator account for the computer.

Comment

And how i log on Administrator on my computer??

When i start it, it load windows then the ''Welcome screen'' and then i see my desktop, no idea what to do if i need to log on administrator....

Edit: I found out the user i log on 'Patrick' its an administrator account... So.... Why is not work? -_-

Comment

Probably due to having the UAC enabled which restricts some tasks (like accessing a System folder). I'm currently checking the patch on a non-administator account.

Comment

I cannot not reproduce any problem with the patch. Just be sure to not skip (by pressing a "Skip" button) any process in a file dialog.

Can you make a screenshot if your windows where is is saying "You need permisson to this"?
                • If you see this screenshot on your PC, press the Print button on your keyboard
                • Open your internet browser (Firefox or Chrome recommended) and visit imgur
                • Press CTRL+V on your keyboard
                • Imgur will show a new window which ask to upload the clipboard content
                • Start the upload
                • If the upload is done, your will be redirected to a new page...
                • Copy and paste the "Image link" on the right side into your new post here
                • With this link, we're able to see screenshot of that window

!!! Be sure that you don't have any window with private data visible on your screen before you make a screenshot

Comment

Thanks to Rattle for the help GJ..

Now i just need a new login, but i will wait some hours since its currently unavaliable

TY rattle for your time

Comment

Thanks for the help, very detailed instructions indeed!
                    Hopefully it'll work just fine on Window 8

Comment

Working...
                    X