ut3 demo problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ut3 demo problem

i recently downloaded the ut3 demo and installed it, but when I try to start it I get a message to the effect that "modified executable code not allowed" in reference to the ut3demo.exe file. I have been a ut99 player for several years but my old laptop fried the hd, so this is a new machine, its a Toshiba satellite with an i3 processor with windows 8 x64 bit. any way to fix this or is there a patch or something? thanks

What do you mean by "try to start it"? Connecting to a server?
    AFAIK, there is no UT3 Demo server available anymore. You need to have the retail/steam version of the game in order to play it online.

The demo should run fine for offline mode.

Comment

I mean try to start the game from the desktop. nothing to do with servers. it just wont run on the 64 bit so I was looking for a patch to make it run on this machine. all I have found is a patch for xp or vista 64 bit os, looking for one for windows 8. so far I have to say windows 8 sucks, there are so many things it wont let me do, this piece of **** is probably going back to the store...

Comment

Ah okay. But...

Originally posted by catababylon5 View Post
        The demo has expired you need to set the date to 2008 in order to work, there are no servers tho someone should make one.
        The demo runs fine by switching the date back to 2008.

Comment

Working...
        X