SSD and UT3 logs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SSD and UT3 logs

Does anyone know how to stop UT3 from logging?
    I really don't desire this feature on my shiny new SSD.

TIA

You're worried about UT3 logs? Let's see what else you might have going there...
    Oh yeah, the swap file. Ah, and the entire registry. You might even be using hibernation mode. Do you realize how much more data is being written by all those system features? I doubt the few logs produced by the game really change the amount of writes that much.

Comment

Originally posted by Wormbo View Post
      You're worried about UT3 logs? Let's see what else you might have going there...
      Oh yeah, the swap file. Ah, and the entire registry. You might even be using hibernation mode. Do you realize how much more data is being written by all those system features? I doubt the few logs produced by the game really change the amount of writes that much.
      I beg to differ. My complete log folder is sitting at a hefty 5.5mb with the logs written to in the last month reaching nearly 500kb. If it wasn't for the fact I have two sandforce 2 drives in raid 0 I doubt my computer could keep up while I play. If he only has a single SSD I think turning off logging is definitely the best way to keep his game running smooth.

Comment

Originally posted by Wormbo View Post

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Currently my pagefile, hybernation, superfetch, windows error logging, indexing, etc are turned off and I have upgraded my sytem to 12gb of memory.

You do realize that every time you start UT3 it creates a game log and I want that stopped and I want those stupid dump files stopped as well!

Please forgive me for wanting to get the most out of an expensive piece of hardware and wanting to turn off a feature of UT3 that I do not need anyway.

So does anyone perhaps know of a way to do it or will I just keep having randoms throw **** at me!

Comment

Originally posted by gargorias View Post
          LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Currently my pagefile, hybernation, superfetch, windows error logging, indexing, etc are turned off and I have upgraded my sytem to 12gb of memory.

You do realize that every time you start UT3 it creates a game log and I want that stopped and I want those stupid dump files stopped as well!

Please forgive me for wanting to get the most out of an expensive piece of hardware and wanting to turn off a feature of UT3 that I do not need anyway.

So does anyone perhaps know of a way to do it or will I just keep having randoms throw **** at me!
          Couldn't agree more. You paid for your 128GB(?) not your 127.9995 GB SSD. Plus think about all the I/O wasted on writing a log file? Can the computer even do anything else when UT3 is running? This is crazyness. If you find a way to stop this please let me know so I can get the most out of my SSDs too.

Maybe Epic could release an update to UT3 to put an end to this waste. Doesn't anyone care about global warming?

Comment

Working...
          X