The MIA CD Key

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The MIA CD Key

Pretty self explainitory but there is more to it.

I bought UT 2004 back in the day and loved it. I built a new computer with the dream of playing "UT 2007" when it came out. When UT 3 Was finally released I bought a special case copy thing of it couldn't wait to play. Of course though with all the delays in the game my comp was **** now and couldn't run so I sadly sat it on the shelf where it collected dust for years.

Now I just built a brand spankin new comp a week ago, I pick up this game to finally play it and it installs, then asks me for the key. I scoured the whole case but there is no cd key. I'm assuming it was on the paper cd case as the game cd was in a memorex cd case.. 60$ of software is useless without the key, why put it on that insignificant little paper holder and not the case like was done for the 2004 case..

Anyways, obviously I would like a CD key so I can finally experience this game, or to get my key somehow, I think I may have registered it.

Here is a pic showing I own the game, I know the date is off but it took hours for this forum to approve my account.

[IMG][/IMG]

its should be on the book

Comment

Yes, it should be on the paperback manual. I purchased the same collectors edition in 2007 and mine was on the back of said manual. I do not see it in your picture, though.

If you don't have it, try getting in touch with Flak on these forums. Flak and Epic Games are really awesome about helping customers in situations like this.

Comment

You should have a black or a white paper manual.
        You'll find the serial on the front page of the black manual and on the back page of the white manual.

White manual (3rd pic):
        http://cgi.ebay.com/Unreal-Tournamen...-/120753895184

Black manual:
        http://cgi.ebay.com/Unreal-Tournamen...-/110703500405

Did you open the metal case twice (back and front case)? The manual should be the same size as your metal case.

Comment

http://forums.epicgames.com/sendmessage.php

use this.

Comment

Yeah I thought it was odd I found no actual user manual in the case. I took a poke around for it but I'll look again, I can't imagine I'd have thrown it out.

Thanks for the link Cra4y, the contact us page just said use the fourms..

Comment

I have that version! Mine's on the sleeve for the install CD. Which appears to be missing in your pic

Comment

Originally posted by Drunkenseagull View Post
                Yeah I thought it was odd I found no actual user manual in the case. I took a poke around for it but I'll look again, I can't imagine I'd have thrown it out.

Thanks for the link Cra4y, the contact us page just said use the fourms..
                Flak will surely be able to help you and provide you a new key. Just private message her. She is really awesome.

The problem you have was very present on UT3's release. You were not the only one with this issue. I know a friend who had no key at first.

Comment

I purchased mine the very first day it came out. The limited edition I might add! My key is on a sheet that says midway get exclusive midway extras! register.midway.com Register for exclusive items hints, cheat codes, wallpapers. Which I never did get any of. I remember looking at the manual once don't recall the key being there. It's been a few years. I know my key by heart now

Comment

Working...
                  X