Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone know how I am suppose to fix this error in the editor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone know how I am suppose to fix this error in the editor?

I keep getting this error when I build all in the editor with my current level I am making which I don't know what the hell to do about it. It is "References object contained in editor -only package 'StaticMesh EditorMeshes.TextPropPlane'(..\UTGame\CookedPC\Edi torMeshes.upk)

Don't worry about the above error, apparently it is common and appears all the time. It is more of a warning and doesn't effect the map at all.

There is this other error though, which I am trying hard to fix but can't. It is "nav UTPickupFactory_healthVial_0 shares GUID with UTPickupFactory_healthVial_1".

I tried seeing if you could change the GUID in the properties of the item but you can't. I also tried deleting the items and placing them again differently but the error came again. I got this error for pretty much all of my health and ammo pickups.

Anyone familiar with this error and can give me some advise?

Comment

What is GUID anyway?

Comment

Is this the right section for UT3 Editor custom map errors?

Comment

GUID is an identifier for the engine. It isn't visible in the properties dialog but the HealthVial Pickupfactory has a value NavGuid.
          Code:
          Begin Map
             Begin Level
                Begin Actor Class=UTPickupFactory_HealthVial
                   NavGuid=(A=-31707685,B=1326014897,C=401419660,D=-1221966996)
                End Actor
             End Level
          Begin Surface
          End Surface
          End Map

Some information about this error:
          http://udn.epicgames.com/Three/MapErrors.html
          Nav [Path Node] shares GUID with [Another Path Node]
          This warning is caused when there is a path node actor that has the same unique identifier as another path node actor. This problem can occur because of an error in the duplication of a path node and should be resolved by deleting one of the path node actors and recreating it.
          Delete one of your object and create this object from scratch (no copy&paste).

Another workaround:
          - Select "File -> Export -> All"
          - Save to a file
          - Select "File -> Import -> Into New map" and select the previous saved file
          The NavGuids should be regenerated.

What did you do by having these errors. Generally you won't get one these if you use the editor properly (with some excetions )

Comment

Originally posted by RattleSN4K3 View Post
            GUID is an identifier for the engine. It isn't visible in the properties dialog but the HealthVial Pickupfactory has a value NavGuid.
            Code:
            Begin Map
               Begin Level
                  Begin Actor Class=UTPickupFactory_HealthVial
                     NavGuid=(A=-31707685,B=1326014897,C=401419660,D=-1221966996)
                  End Actor
               End Level
            Begin Surface
            End Surface
            End Map

Some information about this error:
            http://udn.epicgames.com/Three/MapErrors.html

Delete one of your object and create this object from scratch (no copy&paste).

Another workaround:
            - Select "File -> Export -> All"
            - Save to a file
            - Select "File -> Import -> Into New map" and select the previous saved file
            The NavGuids should be regenerated.

What did you do by having these errors. Generally you won't get one these if you use the editor properly (with some excetions )
            I did duplicate some health vials and things via the ALT+Mouse drag but only with some of them. And all of my pickups have the error now except the weapons of course.

I having placed a lot of pathnodes yet only pickups and weapons so far.

I'll try deleting every single pickup except the weapons and placing them again in the same spots.

Comment

Working...
            X