Moved Steam Install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moved Steam Install

Hi, I'm a student learning the Unreal Editor. I'm using the Mastering Unreal book. Thankfully, all of the tutorials in the book are on the disc provided in stages, so I've not lost anything important, but I'd like to fix this without reinstalling if possible.

The problem was that I was running out of disk space on C and when I installed Steam and made the silly decision not to install it on my data disk, D. I've followed instructions on the Steam site to move Steam to the D drive, and every game is working fine. No problems, and UT3 plays fine with all of my settings intact. Except the editor. I can load projects but when I try to play the level I'm told UT3 has encountered an error, has to close, etc etc.

Any quick fixes?

Here's a log

Comment

Did you try verifying the integrity of the game cache by right click > properties in Steam?

Comment

Just tried it. Same problems. If I can't find a solution by the end of today I'll reinstall. I'm hoping this is possible with Steam without having to download the whole thing (Black Edition) again.

Comment

This is the problem:

Code:
          Worlds needing PIE Save:
          Log: ==== 0 total
          Cmd: MAP LOAD PLAYWORLD=1 FILE="UEDPIE_DM-BSP_Temple_01"
          Log: Failed to load 'UEDPIE_DM-BSP_Temple_01': Can't find file 'UEDPIE_DM-BSP_Temple_01'
          Browse to your autosave folder

'Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Autosaves'

Delete all files that are named as such UEDPIE_mapname.

UEd can have issues with these files at times, they're basically the save of the map before you play the game in editor. They can sometimes corrupt. Deleting them should have no effect as it isnt your working file. It just happens that for some reason UT doesnt know how to open the file currently there or overwrite it with the new one.

Comment

Thanks for your suggestion. Alas, it did not work. I emptied the autosave folder after seeing deleting the UEDPIE files didn't help. Still nothing. Rebuilt the map, it still crashed. I have a feeling it might be confused about which drive the UED content is stored in. I've had to go with the last resort option, which is something I despise Steam for. Reinstalling the game. Which means haven't to download eight gigs again which is utterly retarded when you compare it to a DVD reinstall...

Thank you anyway. I'll let you know if everything is okay after this.

Comment

Hmmm, usually that solves that problem. Anotherthing you could try if you havent already started a reinstall is renaming both your Published and Unpublished folders (in the UTGame folder) to old_pub and old_unpub and letting the game recreate them, then copying the files you need back into the newly created folders.

It's an odd fix and I don't know why but it fixes a number of UEd problems.

Comment

Thank you for the suggestion, but I fixed that issue already. Appreciated though.

Comment

Working...
                X