Z-Buffer question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Z-Buffer question

Okay, this is a smaller clipping error problem, but on some levels it becomes very noticeable. Basically, it has to do with z-buffering, in that in some levels I'll see missing textures, especially if strafing. The Facing Worlds is a good example, when I exit the main temple I can see flashes of blank textures on the side as I leave.

Has anyone else had this problem, and is there a fix for it? Another map where it was very noticeable is Sacred Art, where when moving around the corridors I'll see parts of the sky "pop" into the frame really quick while I'm still inside.

I have an ATI Radeon HD 4800 series card, and in the Catalyst Control Settings under OpenGL there is no Z-Buffer option, only a triple buffering setting. I've changed a lot of the settings and tested but the problem remains.

I don't see any controls for this in the advanced settings of UT3. I have everything to max or enabled except for one frame lag (and when I switched the disable "on" there was no difference in the texture pop issue. Vsync also has no effect.)

try D3D9 instead of opengl and look if it helps, but to be honost i have no idea at this point of view another tip is to not overclock ur gcard unless u know what ur doing,

good luck!

Comment

Working...
    X