Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

32 players ~ Everyone looks the same?

Greetings fellow gamers.

I'm Alex of Spades and i've been lurkering in the forum for a while. Decided to open this thread to register my complaint and seek for a fix.

I've been playing UT3 for a while now, been loving it. I installed right away when it released, but didnt gave the game much attention. Recently i decided to give it a full play, finishing the Campaign and installing the best mods.

There are many things that disappointed me, however (Lack of AS, DOM, shift button, bot customization, ugly effects, etc), but i still play the game fully, of course. But then, there's one problem that is just annoying me so much.

Whenever i start a 32 players game (16x16 Warfare, for example), some bots (usually most of them) are using the default Iron Guard model.

I really like to customize my army and the enemy army and i'd like to have all of my bots looking the way they should. I'm not sure if they keep it like this, or they change after some moments in the game. Anyone noticed this, and could explain it to me?

I tested the game with no mods at all, and this still happens. My game runs with full configurations and no lag at all.

Here goes a screenshot that i managed to take during a very fast-paced warfare:

Anyone has any thoughts about this, and any idea how to fix it?

Thank you in advance, and may your shock combos always hit.

There's an option to limit the number of character model in memory at the same time. I think it defaults to something like 12 or 16. Raise it to 32 if you have enough memory and want to see everyone with their respective models.

Comment

Originally posted by Wormbo View Post
      There's an option to limit the number of character model in memory at the same time. I think it defaults to something like 12 or 16. Raise it to 32 if you have enough memory and want to see everyone with their respective models.
      Thank you, Wormbo, for your attention.

However, i cant seem to find this option in the Settings/Video area.

Do i have to modify the game's .ini files?

If yes, which file? I noticed there are many.

EDIT:

I found it!

If anyone ever has this problem too, here goes the solution~

At your UT3 folder (in your My Documents) search for a file called UTGame.ini (inside Config folder).

There, search for the line MaxCustomChars=12 and make it 32.

Save it and there you go!

Thank you Wormbo.

Comment

Hey Alex if you like 32 m8... Ya going to like 64 bots games.

Problem u need them all to be epic games characters.

Also you can config the bots.

Its called Mapmixer 3.01 you will have to google it.

As I'm using a touch mobile.

Bane the Zergling

Comment

Working...
        X