Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deck - massive stuttering near the teleporter

Hi,

I reinstalled UT3 after a period of a few months and now, I had the surprise to notice a huge amount of frame drops and stuttering when standing near the teleporter on deck, near the RL. I've searched the forum for a solution but none helped me.

Anyone else had this issue ?

It's weird because I ran this game with no problems before.

CPU: E8400
    PSU: Corsair 550vx
    GPU: XFX 250GTS
    RAM: 3GB

Thanks

No offense but you obviously didn't look very hard. This is an extremely common issue.

The main thread dealing with this is here.

A more helpful thread would be this one

Some settings that help with this are dropping your detail settings to low in advanced menu (4th slider / 6th option from the bottom). Setting texture detail to 3 might help as well. There is a setting in the advanced menu called Disable One Frame Thread Lag (last check box / 4th option from the bottom). If you had that unchecked before that could be why you didnt notice any problems. Unchecked you get more input lag but a smoother experience with less FPS dips.

Two other things you can try beside whats mentioned above and in the second link:Download process manager and set UT3 to a higher priority.
    Add me on xfire (info is in my tag) and I can usually help with some of the advanced tweaking.

Comment

Like I've said, I've already went through those threads with no SUCCESS whatsoever.

The main issue is that this didn't happen to me before.

Comment

There is another Deck version out there called Deck-FPS iIrc. I think they solved this issue in this version.

Comment

Originally posted by PutridAngel View Post
          Like I've said, I've already went through those threads with no SUCCESS whatsoever.

The main issue is that this didn't happen to me before.

Originally posted by PutridAngel View Post
          I've searched the forum for a solution but none helped me.

Anyone else had this issue ?
          The answer to that question was yes. I'm going to go with everyone in the first thread I posted had your issue.

Also with the specs you provided (assuming no overclocking) running xp I'm amazed (and skeptical) you didn't have that issue before.

Now if you want help. How about instead of saying nothing works. Tell us what you've tried so we can narrow it down. Otherwise you'll just end up with all the same suggestions over again. I'm guessing you haven't tried the majority (if any) of the ini tweaks, you probably haven't installed a process manager, and you definitely haven't tried adding me on xfire. If you'd have tried everything you'd have fixed the problem. You haven't so lets figure out what you haven't tried.

Another response like the one above and everyone is just going to assume your a troll (which you probably are) so you'll get no help what so ever.

Also @ sly: Deck_FPS helps people with poor graphic cards but does nothing for those with older cpus. Deck-Pro and Deck-LP-RC are the two best versions of the map. I'll bug the maker of Deck-LP-RC to get a final version out and post it on the forums. For most players though they are limited to whats on the server so they don't have much of a choice.

Comment

If you really didn't try any ini tweaks yet you should really try this tweak guide. It's the best one I found on the web so far.

Comment

in Instant Action type "viewmode lightingonly" into the console. See if the fps drop disappears. If it does we know for sure it's an effect on the teleporter causing the issue and nothing else.

Comment

Working...
              X