No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi

I have recently set up UT3 on my new computer, transferred ALL the files from the old harddrive onto the new harddrive, EVERYTHING works except it won’t let me login as I have forgotten my password..

I know the password is over 400 numbers long and is in the engine.ini and game.ini file, and, like I say ALL files have been transferred, and thought that as this has been done, it would accept it, but it hasn’t.

I have searched many forums etc and gone to gamespy.com but cannot see anywhere how to retrieve my login details. I have played for the past 18 months and accumulated scores and friends etc and do not want to lose all this, therefore I do not want to create a new profile. There is no screen to ask me to reregister either, so couldn’t create new profile if I wanted, plus it wouldn’t let me use my game name anyways, so basically what I am saying is……

I have forgotten my password on UT3 can anyone please advise on how to retrieve it?

Cheers.

CwazyCwis

make a pic of your ut3 dvd
    sent too flak

Comment

Thank you for your reply....

I have the special tinned version of the DVD with the bonus edition.....

erm, may i ask why you want a pic of the DVD?

Comment

Originally posted by CwazyCwis View Post
        Thank you for your reply....

I have the special tinned version of the DVD with the bonus edition.....

erm, may i ask why you want a pic of the DVD?
        to make sure it is a legal copy of the game.

Comment

ahhh, ok, np, will do as soon as I get in from work.

Thank you.

Comment

There is nothing we can do from here. Passwords are handled by Gamespy

If you are unable to remember your password for logging into the game go to http://gamespyid.com and click on "I forgot my password" on the bottom left of the page.

Comment

I have taken a pic, but it doesn't give me the opportunity to 'browse' my comp to add pic, only url.

Thank you, Flak, ummmmmm, don't know if it's me, but i have looked all over the page (initially looking at the 'bottom left of the page') but still can't see those words, or anything to do with those words.....

i looked in my profile too, but on the home page

at the bottom of the page 'after the ads' all i can see is
              "About Us | Advertise | Contact Us | Press | Careers
              IGN | GameSpy | Comrade | Arena | FilePlanet | Direct2Drive | GameSpy Technology
              TeamXbox | Game Sites | VE3D | CheatsCodesGuides | GameStats | GamerMetrics
              AskMen | GIGA.DE | What They Play | Battlefield Heroes
              By continuing past this page, and by your continued use of this site, you agree to be bound by and abide by the User Agreement.
              Copyright 1996-2010, IGN Entertainment, Inc. | Support | Privacy Policy | User Agreement | RSS Feeds
              IGN’s enterprise databases running Oracle, SQL and MySQL are professionally monitored and managed by Pythian Remote DBA."

Is there anyway at all that i can retrieve my password?

Comment

ahhh, just realised you meant to access the forum of gamespy...... that is not the problem i have, it is the actual game i purchased.

Comment

sok, nw got it sussed, THANK YOU

hehe, can't tell you how Happy I am to have my name, friends, stats etc back...

Comment

oh, and just so's you all know, it was the 'i forgot my password' by the login screen, and basically that's what you do.

follow the instructions.

ie
                    1) go to login page (but don't log in)
                    2) click on 'i forgot my password'
                    3) a box will come up asking you for your email or username
                    4) complete your email or username (and click 'send')
                    5) another box will come up saying an email has been sent
                    6) click on link in the email
                    7) asks you to reset your password
                    8) email will be sent to confirm
                    9) go log in to game and play

Comment

Thank you Cwazy

Comment

Working...
                      X