UT3 at 1920X1080

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UT3 at 1920X1080

I have a simple question. Do you think my computer can handle UT3 at max settings, at 1920X1080? Here are my specs.

Core 2 Duo E8400 @ 3.00 GHz
    4 GB RAM @ 1066 MHz
    GTX260 Core 216 Superclocked Edition

Running the game max settings at 1920x1080 will be fine. You will get frame rate dips but this is due to your CPU and they will dip to the same low numbers regardless of resolution and detail settings.

I don't recommend anyone play at highest detail settings as it's harder to see whats going on. With depth of field off you should still have very nice graphics with better visibility. That said, if you want the eye candy, go nuts.

Comment

UT3 looks more and more beautiful as resolution increases...

Your GPU should be more than capable of running UT3 at that resolution... CPU is your bottleneck

Comment

Well, I played it and got awesome FPS! Often up near 130. My CPU isn't a bottleneck, not that I can notice.

Comment

Same CPU with a 8800GT heavily modified and I have no trouble keeping above 60 in heavy fighting areas. Run my panel at 1920x1200.

You'd be surprised at what that core can do when you open it up a bit. I'm at 4ghz on air cooling with only a tiny bit more voltage. Been like that since week 2 in my rig, and I grabbed one of the first ones on the shelf.

Besides, the game is pushing 3 years now right?

Comment

CPU bottlnecks on certain maps if you run "one frame thread lag" disabled. If you don't run it disabled then you won't be able to hit anything consistently, but your game will run smoother and have less FPS dips.

Shang and Deck are the two maps you will notice the problem on the most for DM. The better player you are, the more you will notice it. Much like better players notice ping a lot more than poor players.

The CPU bottlenecks are caused by the cache and not by clock speed. I can clock my CPU from 3.0ghz to 3.8ghz and not see a single fps increase in the min fps. I can also change resolution from 1600x1200 to 800x600 and not see an increase in min fps. That said 1920x1200 will have slightly higher min FPS than 1600x1200 due to the cropping that goes on with wide screen.

Comment

Affected by cache as in speed or quantity? Speed of cache scales with the internal clock speed of the processor, so an overclock would benefit it there. And the E8400 has 6MB of cache where as a similar i5 650 only has 4MB, granted higher end CPUs have more cache available, but most share across cores.

Comment

Seeing as how ut3 only uses 2 cores 4 processors my other 2 are useless at rating of 3310 Mhz max each iv'e got 8mb cache.

But I only get around 100fps with full setting on high and res at 1680x1050.

Comment

Working...
                X