Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

UT3 Splitscreen Configuring Player 2,3,4

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UT3 Splitscreen Configuring Player 2,3,4

Does anyone on this forum knows how configure player 2, 3, and 4 on UT3 splitscreen without having to reconfigure them win you won or lost a game. Also, without having to swapcontrollers with the ssswapcontrollers command. Everytime I get into splitscreen my controls for my controller seems to get for player 1 messed up and I don't know how to set up the controls for other players without having to reconfigure them when I won/lost a game. Also, yes I'm using TocaEdit with two wired ps3 controllers. Anyone here know a solution so I can play on my 22 inch

Anybody willing to help....

Comment

Originally posted by Korrupshen View Post
      Does anyone on this forum knows how configure player 2, 3, and 4 on UT3 splitscreen without having to reconfigure them win you won or lost a game. Also, without having to swapcontrollers with the ssswapcontrollers command. Everytime I get into splitscreen my controls for my controller seems to get for player 1 messed up and I don't know how to set up the controls for other players without having to reconfigure them when I won/lost a game. Also, yes I'm using TocaEdit with two wired ps3 controllers. Anyone here know a solution so I can play on my 22 inch
      you have to mess around with your joystick ID's and also with the 360e .ini

You should assign your pads to "[PAD2]" "[PAD3]" (Index=0, 1, or 2) and leaving "Index=-1" for "[PAD1]"

You should see in the .exe that your first controller appears as "not connected", and the rest are connected.

No need for ssswapcontrollers.

Hope that helps

Comment

Originally posted by leox001 View Post
        you have to mess around with your joystick ID's and also with the 360e .ini

You should assign your pads to "[PAD2]" "[PAD3]" (Index=0, 1, or 2) and leaving "Index=-1" for "[PAD1]"

You should see in the .exe that your first controller appears as "not connected", and the rest are connected.

No need for ssswapcontrollers.

Hope that helps
        I tried the Index and adding [PAD2], [PAD3], etc

As soon as I go into splitscreen mode when using 2 PS3 controllers with the same controls that I set up in the game and the xbox emulator, Player 1 controls are fine, but Player 2 is messed up for ex. Player 1 primary firing button is R1, but when I go into splitscreen. Player 2 firing button is R2, when its suppose to be R1 like Player 1. When I open up the main menu to change controls on the second gamepad(Player 2) both of the controllers firing buttons is R2 and the rest of the gamepad triggers and bumpers are messed up. Anyone have any other solutions I appreciate the post leox001

Comment

I tried the Index and adding [PAD2], [PAD3], etc

As soon as I go into splitscreen mode when using 2 PS3 controllers with the same controls that I set up in the game and the xbox emulator, Player 1 controls are fine, but Player 2 is messed up for ex. Player 1 primary firing button is R1, but when I go into splitscreen. Player 2 firing button is R2, when its suppose to be R1 like Player 1. When I open up the main menu to change controls on the second gamepad(Player 2) both of the controllers firing buttons is R2 and the rest of the gamepad triggers and bumpers are messed up. Anyone have any other solutions I appreciate the post leox001
          I belive you have to keep tweaking your ".ini" settings in order to make this work.
          My experience using this "emulator" for controllers is that anything not-related to the Axis (the analog sticks)* is very easy to change and find out by trial and error.

First make sure your "Index=" numbers are the correct for each controller.

Then, go to your windows' control panel and under the Gamepad setup, check what number is each button in each of your gamepads. After this, start mapping each button to the ".ini" also the Shoulder and Trigger buttons.

Depending on which version of the emulator you're using, you may have to disable the "axis" controls for the triggers. As far as I know not many PS2/3 drivers support the pressure sensitive features of the Dualshock controllers, thus the triggers are treated as Buttons, instead of Axis.

My config (PS2)
          Code:
          Left Trigger=5		#button id; precede with 'a' for an axis; 's' for a slider; 't' for a trigger; h for a single axis trigger;
          Right Trigger=6		#button id; precede with 'a' for an axis; 's' for a slider; 't' for a trigger; h for a single axis trigger;
          As you can see, if these numbers are preceded with an "a" or "s" they would be treated as analog axis, we don't want that, so make sure you're mapping the R2/L2 BUTTON and not a non-existing axis.

Hope this helps!
          ------
          *: SOME usb controllers have strange Analog stick axis "numbering", and I've been unable to find the correct configuration for certain USB controllers.

Comment

I didn't change anything before you told me how to fix it. I just wanna know if this is how it suppose to be before I change it, cause this its still not working right even with these configurations. Everything works fine except the triggers and shoulders. R2 is still the primary firing button. I need it to be R1 BTW I'm using TocaEdit Xbox 360 Controller Emulator 2.0.2.62 with alot of features like rumble, deadzone, axis to dpad, etc. The thing that sucks about the the version I'm using is it doesn't support Dpad on POV Dpad, which sucks when you wanna map keys to Dpad.

[PAD1]
            ProductName=DUALSHOCK3 Controller HID Minidriver (USB) Beta
            Product=0268054c-0000-0000-0000-504944564944
            Instance=6bf9b1d0-4b05-11df-8001-444553540000
            Index = -1
            Native=0
            VID=0x054C
            PID=0x0268
            Left Analog X=1
            Left Analog Y=-2
            Right Analog X=3
            Right Analog Y=-6
            Left Analog X+ Button=
            Left Analog X- Button=
            Left Analog Y+ Button=
            Left Analog Y- Button=
            Right Analog X+ Button=
            Right Analog X- Button=
            Right Analog Y+ Button=
            Right Analog Y- Button=
            D-pad POV=1 #POV index; 0 to disable
            D-pad Up=RIGHT #
            D-pad Down=LEFT #
            D-pad Left=DOWN #
            D-pad Right=UP
            A=15
            B=14
            X=16
            Y=13
            Left Shoulder=11
            Right Shoulder=12
            Back=1
            Start=4
            Left Thumb=2
            Right Thumb=3
            TriggerDeadzone=0
            Left Trigger=9
            Right Trigger=10
            UseForceFeedback=0
            SwapMotor=0
            LeftMotorDirection=0
            RightMotorDirection=1
            ForcePercent=100
            ControllerType=1
            AxisToDPad=0
            AxisToDPadDeadZone=256
            AxisToDPadOffset=0
            Right Trigger Deadzone=0

[PAD2]
            ProductName=DUALSHOCK3 Controller HID Minidriver (USB) Beta
            Product=0268054c-0000-0000-0000-504944564944
            Instance=f4943b90-91ce-11df-8001-444553540000
            Index = 0
            Native=0 #experimental native mode, support xinput compatible controller together with emulated
            VID=0x054C
            PID=0x0268
            Left Analog X=1
            Left Analog Y=-2
            Right Analog X=3
            Right Analog Y=-6
            Left Analog X+ Button=
            Left Analog X- Button=
            Left Analog Y+ Button=
            Left Analog Y- Button=
            Right Analog X+ Button=
            Right Analog X- Button=
            Right Analog Y+ Button=
            Right Analog Y- Button=
            D-pad POV=1
            D-pad Up=UP
            D-pad Down=DOWN
            D-pad Left=LEFT
            D-pad Right=RIGHT
            A=15
            B=14
            X=16
            Y=13
            Left Shoulder=11
            Right Shoulder=12
            Back=1
            Start=4
            Left Thumb=2
            Right Thumb=3
            TriggerDeadzone=0
            Left Trigger=9
            Right Trigger=10
            UseForceFeedback=0
            SwapMotor=0
            LeftMotorDirection=0
            RightMotorDirection=1
            ForcePercent=100
            ControllerType=1
            AxisToDPad=0
            AxisToDPadDeadZone=256
            AxisToDPadOffset=0
            Right Trigger Deadzone=0

Comment

Bumpity Bump Bump BUMP

Comment

R2 is still the primary firing button. I need it to be R1
                Bumpity Bump Bump BUMP
                Easy, try swapping these settings;

Left Shoulder=11
                Right Shoulder=12
                with
                Left Trigger=9
                Right Trigger=10
                That would change R2 to R1 and L2 to L1.

Comment

Ok I'll try it out later

I wasn't even thinking about switching the shoulder with the trigger, yet I did that when I was using two different controllers when I lost my PS3 ones. Even though it didn't work out still, its most likely to work this time since I'm using two of the same controllers. Thanx bro

Comment

Yeah it works now, but I want L2 for Player 2 is to be "Previous Weapon" instead of that "weapon inventory". Another question, is there a way to change player 2 name and skin without using UT3Comp.

EDIT: When through UTInput.ini to switch some things and it works perfectly now thanks alot

Comment

Working...
                    X