Windows 7 x64 and AGEIA PhysX v7.09.13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    I have nVidia PhysX 9.10.0129 installed which came with their 197.45 driver.

I just don't recall Vista showing such an error with a UT3 install, and forgot if the UT3 package of AGEIA PhysX v7.09.13 drivers were installed when the nVidia PhysX was installed on Vista already.

Can you check Action Centre to see if you got the same "Unsuccessful application installation" error for the UT3 PhysX when you installed UT3?
    Can you also confirm that you don't have AGEIA PhysX v7.09.13 showing in Programs and Features?

It would put my mind at ease knowing that this is normal for a Win 7 install of UT3.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    You may want to try version 8.08.18 for Windows 7, its the latest one AFAIK.
    Also, AGEIA is now owned by Nvidia , they make tthe drivers!

Leave a comment:

• started a topic Windows 7 x64 and AGEIA PhysX v7.09.13

Windows 7 x64 and AGEIA PhysX v7.09.13

Hello,

I just installed Windows 7 Ultimate x64 and proceeded to install UT3.
    The only glitches during UT3's install was that TitanPack installer was labelled as having compatibility issues and I was asked to reinstall it in compatibility mode.

In double checking overall Win 7 and UT3 install success, I glanced through Reliability Monitor and I found this:

AGEIA PhysX v7.09.13 Unsuccessful application installation 25/04/2010 4:02 AM
    Windows Installer installed the product. Product Name: AGEIA PhysX v7.09.13. Product Version: 7.09.13. Product Language: 1033. Manufacturer: AGEIA Technologies, Inc.. Installation success or error status: 1603.

Sure enough, I noticed that it was not installed in "Programs and Features" but that my nvidia card's driver installed nVidia PhysX 9.10.0129.

Is there anyone else that has an nvidia card running on Win 7 Ultimate x64? Can you check to see if AGEIA PhysX v7.09.13 is installed in Programs and Features or if you got an error in Action Centre/Maintenance/View Reliability History re. PhysX?

Working...
X