Windows 7 64 bit Runtime errors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Windows 7 64 bit Runtime errors?

I just got the game, as in bought it off of steam. Its fully updated and ready to play. I've tried running it as an administrator, I've tried compatibility modes, I've tried disabling visual themes when launching the game. It doesn't work.

I am getting angry rather quick that this game is constantly crashing. Its a fresh freaking installing. Its constant run time errors. The game loads and runs fine and I play for a second and boom it crashes, it says it had a runtime error and needed to terminate. I mean wtf?

Am I suppose to pretend I ain't a fan here? I refuse to do all these tweaks to make a game I paid any amount of money for on here. The game should work, and if this is what EPIC has come to, then I'll never buy another game of theirs again, the funny thing is I play Unreal 3 Engine games all the time, and never have any issues. Yes I am OVERCLOCKING, and its 100% stable.

My specs are Q6600 @ 3.6GHz
    EVGA nvidia GTX core 216 260
    4GB of RAM
    X-Fi Xtreme Gamer with latest drivers

Why does this stupid game not want to run?

I too am having problems. I installed UT3 from steam onto my computer and it failed to start and gave me a error code 51. I am running Windows 7 64bit Ultimate.

Comment

Originally posted by gulizard View Post
      I just got the game, as in bought it off of steam. Its fully updated and ready to play. I've tried running it as an administrator, I've tried compatibility modes, I've tried disabling visual themes when launching the game. It doesn't work.

I am getting angry rather quick that this game is constantly crashing. Its a fresh freaking installing. Its constant run time errors. The game loads and runs fine and I play for a second and boom it crashes, it says it had a runtime error and needed to terminate. I mean wtf?

Am I suppose to pretend I ain't a fan here? I refuse to do all these tweaks to make a game I paid any amount of money for on here. The game should work, and if this is what EPIC has come to, then I'll never buy another game of theirs again, the funny thing is I play Unreal 3 Engine games all the time, and never have any issues. Yes I am OVERCLOCKING, and its 100% stable.

My specs are Q6600 @ 3.6GHz
      EVGA nvidia GTX core 216 260
      4GB of RAM
      X-Fi Xtreme Gamer with latest drivers

Why does this stupid game not want to run?
      Not trying to be an A$$, but keep in mind the game is over 2 years old and came out long before Win 7 64-bit even existed. Epic did a pretty good job patching it for over a year and a half but now I'm not sure how much more they are going to do with it.

Hopefully someone can help you in here. I'm looking at a laptop that has Win 7 64-bit so I will probably need help with this too at some point.

Comment

Problem solved. I bought the game from Steam Feb of 2009 and installed it when I had Vista 64 Ultimate and it worked fine. I fell away and uninstalled UT3 due to the the lack of time. Since Vista and Windows 7 being somewhat close, I downloaded UT3 Patch 2.1 and re-patched. And bingo!

Comment

There were few crashes related to nVidia drivers till recently but in the latest version of nVidia drivers, this has been fixed. As long you have the latest nVidia drivers, assuming you are having an nVidia card like me, and patch the game to the latest 2.1 official patch, there should be no problems. I myself use Windows 7 x64 and the game runs beautifully on top of it now that I have the latest nVidia drivers and the 2.1 official patch. Hope that helps .

Comment

Working...
          X