Multiplayer Campaign Issues.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multiplayer Campaign Issues.

Ok, I know this topic has been discussed numerous times, so before you tell me to go read related discussions on this topic, I have. I've searched multiple times and so far I haven't been able to find a solution, it seems each of the topics in this area seem to just end without a solution or they don't apply to my problem. Yes, I know this is my second post but don't hate me yet :P

Essentially, I can connect to all other multiplayer games (Deathmatch, CTF, Warfare ect.) except campaign. When I try join someones campaign, I get a connection failed message. When I try to host one I get that error message explaining my router may prevent me from hosting games.

The issue I seem to be having with the other topics is the fact that I dont have a router, my internet connection isn't wireless. I have broadband through an 8pin cable so all this talk of routers just boggles me lol

I have opened all the ports ppl have mentioned, Ive turned off windows firewall and still no luck. The thing that I don't understand is why all other multiplayer games work just not campaign.

Here are my specs if there of any use:

Running XP Home
    AMD Anthlon(tm) 64X2 Dual core processor 3800+
    2.01GHz, 3GB of RAM

once again, I'm sorry if this sounds like a broken record to you guys but I just can't seem to find what I'm looking for. Thanks to all to take the time to read and I look forward to hearing from someone soon

The main problem with the campaign is that there aren't dedicated servers.
    (At least I really doubt it.)
    DeathMatch and all other modes run on dedicated servers (most of them.)
    Campaign is just a player to player-connection.
    Maybe your connection is not the problem at all.
    It could be the connection of the other player that causes problems.

Your internet connection isn't wireless, okay, and what's the disadvantage

Cheers!

Comment

No, I wasn't saying my connection was at a disadvantage, it was just that all previous posts made on this topic applied to Wireless network and router settings.

Thanks for the help btw, I was eventually able to connect to a select few campaigns. I think you were right

Comment

Working...
      X