Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cant install. Cant uninstall.. HELP!

This is my story:

Once upon a time, I try to install UT3.. everything went fine i guess.

I was browsing around on the internet while it was installing. Anyways..
    The install window pops up and saying that its installed. so I click it down and restarts my computer. Then trying to play I could not find any UT3 files!

Looking around my entire computer.. Nope, no files. So my next plan was to reinstall it. I click the ''Uninstall'' Button on UT3 startup menu. But then a evil little box says that I cant do that because: ''This action is only for those who installed the game.'' (not exactly)

So I cant install it because the game wont unistall because I didnt install it!!
    -.- Well thats great. I have zero UT3 files and cant remove the ****..

Help please?

LOL.
    you sure you can't find any ut3 files in the entire HD?
    and if you insert the CD, the window shows up and says what? install no?

Comment

inserting CD:
      If I press play, then nothing happens.

If I press Uninstall then this happens.

YAY!! I HAVE SUCCESSED AT DOING THE IMPOSSIBLE! ... -.-

Comment

oh my god... i don't knwo if defragmentating your HD may work...
        anyway, there gotta be some ut3 files in your pc. other way it should work. you dont have it installed? not even if you go to Control Painel and Remove Programs?
        and have you tried to use Search option on Start menu?

Comment

Originally posted by joaofcb View Post
          oh my god... i don't knwo if defragmentating your HD may work...
          anyway, there gotta be some ut3 files in your pc. other way it should work. you dont have it installed? not even if you go to Control Painel and Remove Programs?
          and have you tried to use Search option on Start menu?
          Nope, cant find any files that belongs to UT3 And. yes, I've searched alot no findings. If I use the remove program thingie from control panel. then the result is the same as before..

This really sucks..

Comment

that is just too stupid. but in the Remove Programs menu, do you have ut3 installed?
            maybe something's wrong with the CD! if nothing works, go to the store and ask them if they can solve the problem. ask them to try to run the game in their pc. even if i works, then try to make them give you a new one. and try it.
            and are you SURE your pc can run ut3?

Comment

Originally posted by joaofcb View Post
              that is just too stupid. but in the Remove Programs menu, do you have ut3 installed?
              maybe something's wrong with the CD! if nothing works, go to the store and ask them if they can solve the problem. ask them to try to run the game in their pc. even if i works, then try to make them give you a new one. and try it.
              and are you SURE your pc can run ut3?
              Yes I can see it on ''remove programs''
              The cd is fine as far as I know.
              And yes. I can run ut3 on my PC, because I use to play it but removed it by the lack if space on my hd. The reason that i installed it was to play the mod Renegade X. So, now you know my secret..

Are you suggesting that I should go to the store I bought it from? I dont have a reciept so i dont think that will work well.

Though I am trying to get help from epic-games support and see what they can do about it.

Comment

Working...
              X