Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone try using the Radeon HD 4650, 1 GB RAM with the UT3 Editor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone try using the Radeon HD 4650, 1 GB RAM with the UT3 Editor?

I got the card as a temporary fix for my old computer until I have enough saved up to buy a new computer.

It runs great as far as playing the game is concerned but it freezes my computer when I'm using the editor within minutes making it impossible to do any work.

I'm using the following:

Xeon 3.06 GHZ
    2 GB RAM

This is an old computer with an AGP x8 port.

Like I said this is just to hold me over until I can get a new computer.

The only other card AGP card I could find at the store was an Nvidia 7700 GT with 512 GB RAM ? I haven't tried that card yet. I'm assuming the card
    I've got is good for this machine and that something else is causing the computer to freeze with the UT3 editor.

When this happens I can't even use CTRL+ALT+DEL to end task. I end up restarting the computer.

Any ideas?

Well the Editor itself requires more resources than the game to run properly part of your problem is that you use an AGP card and you only have 2gb's of ram.

Might try to disable anti-virus and other background programs and run the Editor in adminstrator mode if you are on vista\win7.

And I assume that Xeon is probabably a single core? So theres another problem there.

Comment

Nope it's a dual Xeon. I think there might be something wrong with the computer itself.

I don't want to jinx myself but I went and installed the card on a pentium 4, 2.8ghz single processor machine with 3 GiG RAM. It's been 30min using the editor and it hasn't crashed or frozen yet.

I'll keep on working on it and give an update later. I hope this works out.

Comment

Cool then you might need to maybe update your GFX drivers or use an older build of the drivers.

Have you defragged\cleaned your hdd's lately?

You can also try to delete the "My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Config\UTEditor.ini" and let the editor do a new one.

Comment

Working...
        X